Best future proofed Modular PSU?

I love Corsair power supplies but I don't want to use their 750W PSU because I'm worried my Lian-Li 1200W+ is going to be drowned in cables...

I was looking at http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817153038

I'm looking for about 750-850W.

I don't think you can future proof a PSU. Back in AMD XP days, it was common to be asked for 200 + watt in 5v & 3.3v, something a lot of today's power supply can't do.

The current trend is a large amount of 12v, little in 5v&3.3v. It's possible with the next generation, they'd add a different rail, or ask for something today's PSU isn't setup for.
 
With just future proofing in mind, I'd have to go with 2 fantastic psu's. The Ultra X3 1000 or the Ultra X3 1600, that's what *true* future proofing means to me.
 
I think crosair is releasing a 1000w psu that is modular in the next couple of weeks.
 
Where is Redbeard when you need him. :p

I'd say it'll be more than a couple weeks. Probably early January if I had to guess. We had some problems with an early sample unit and we're getting new units built that supposedly fix the problem.
 
I would highly recommend an Enermax Galaxy. They are a bit pricey but, imo you really get what you pay for.

This forum needs more smilies to convey my emotions.
 
This forum needs more smilies to convey my emotions.

You can put this one to use.

noimagemacro.gif
 
Back
Top