Best Full Tower Case

DarkLegacy

[H]ard|Gawd
Im pretty set on purchasing the Thermaltake Armor. Always good to make sure that theres not atleast a somewhat better full tower out there. Since Im going the Sli 8800GTX route most likly a Core 2 Extreme, not sure of the Quad or Duo as of yet, airflow & alot of space, ease of installition are big things. Since the Armor has gotten high praise almost every placed I've searched, It's almost a certain by for me. I do know of the Lian-Li cases but they look kind of plain. That is just me though :). Any other suggestions. Price is not a problem:).

i've never owned one, but the next high end rig i do will be in a lian li for sure. i love my thermaltake, but cases have come a long way since that thing.

i'd look at the silverstone tj-07/tj-09
also, since money doesn't seem to be an issue, you could just go with water, maybe even phase.

cooler master stacker 830. imo the best aircooled case in the world. support for up to 9 120mm fans. only 2 included tho. also, its massive

I got the Armor over the Stacker 810 because the Armor held more drives (stock), was cheaper and was mostly well recieved in reviews. Only two things I would dock points away from the Armor are:

- Flappy door flaps - need stronger magnets
- Top mounted usb/audio ports make it difficult for installing larger than average psu's

As much as I like and praise, my TT Armor (the one without the window), I wouldn't hesitate to recommend the Lian Li G70. I would say the Armor's quality is in the ballpark of the Lian-Li but the G70 is all aluminum but from judging from my own Lian-Li pc-v1100 I would say that the quality of the G70 is still suprior to the Armor.

If I had the choice now...with the high end equipment that your installing, I'd go with the G70 because thats the kind of case it deserves.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16811112067

The G70 has a side vent where your 8800GTX's would output a lot of heat, and rear fan is an intake fan (by design), so if you install your cpu heatsink to follow the flow of air, you'll be blowing fresh, un-obstucted outside air directly to the heat sink thats about 1-2 inches away.

http://www.overclockercafe.com/Reviews/cases/Lian_Li_PC-G70/pg4.htm

Lian Li's are great and all, but they're just so damn expensive and are rather plain.

I suggest Thermaltake, Antec, Coolermaster, or Apevia.

i have an aspire/ apevia x-navigator and its a pos, ALL of the plastic parts broke thru normal use within 6 months of purchase. as an engineering student i know that its cause they were designed like crap and that they cant handle standard amounts of stress and forces. they would not replace them under their 1 yr warranty

Thx for the suggestions. Going through all of the links now. This will take awhile since I am doing so through my palm 700p lol. Just came in today. I was avoiding the lians for a bit when I swung over to the frozencpu website I took notice that I can design one of there cases to my choosing. I usually make all my purchases through newegg but I will most likly get a lian case through there. Since they can do what I would want to the case, that would save me a headache. I'm still open to suggestions & willing to check out other websites. Won't be putting in a purchase till tuesday. This rig will be my DX 10/Vista build so got a lot of time :). Thx for all the help!

read up on the stacker 830. I read up for over a week before geting one, it has plenty of room w plenty of 120mm fans.

Back