Best Free Firewall and Virus Scan

Firewall: kerio 2.5, sygate pf
AV: Avast, Grisoft AVG

(And yes, I assume we're in windows).
Otherwise, I agree with XOR != OR (though I like shorewall, don't have to deal with iptables directly)

I use Grisoft AVG on all my machines here and have had no problems with it at all. I normally carry it with me on a flash drive to install on clients machines when they have no AV installed.

BillLeeLee said:
Firewall: kerio 2.5, sygate pf
AV: Avast, Grisoft AVG

(And yes, I assume we're in windows).
Otherwise, I agree with XOR != OR (though I like shorewall, don't have to deal with iptables directly)

Kerio 2.5 & Avast! have been keeping me safe and secure for several months now can't recommend anything else for free. (Please no Linux or FreeBSD jokes ;))

I needed something to tide me over until I can renew my NOD32 license next month and Grisoft has yet to email my serial for AVG. It's been about 24 hours now.

If you haven't gotten it by now odoe you probably won't. Maybe it got lost in the ether. I found out thought that all you need is one good number. I carry one number in the notes of my PDA to activate it on client machines and it works everytime with no issues. I have several, so if they don't send it to you I can hook you up.

Back