• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Best Free Cloud Backup Solution to Sync Folders

song414

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jan 7, 2006
Messages
324
Hello all,

I am looking for a cloud based backup solution that can automatically sync specific folders I choose whenever a change is made to keep it the most current. The more storage the better. I also would like it to be secure.Are there any out there? I know CrashPlan offers the sync option but its only free for a year.
 
box.net, dropbox, and syncplicity all do this.

I know box and dropbox do not do this. They can autosync to folders within the DropBox/Box folder, but any folder outside of their folder will not automatically Sync. I want something that can sync a folder from anywhere on my PC.
 
Check out SpiderOak.

Very secure, syncs on pretty much anything (even android).

I've been using it at work to sync a ~35gb folder over (slow) VPN between a windows share and a linux server. Has been running great for the last 6 months. (We do pay for more storage)
 
bittorrent sync provided you've got a box that's always online somewhere.

it did bork a bit on a huge directory with lots of files but that was the first version. May have improved since. (I mainly use it to keep a smaller directory in sync)
 
Back
Top