Best FPS idea EVER!

Vlad_13

[H]ard|Gawd
http://www.engadget.com/2009/06/21/diy-vr-game-gun-packs-built-in-motion-tracking-optional-mullet/

If this guy patents the idea he will strike gold! Beats Wii, Natal or any other gimmick.

I know he only showed the gun with motion controls and some LCD mounted on the gun, but he mentioned micro projectors... (2nd video) sucks he did not show it in action.
Imagine a game(scratch the crapy LCD, but i think he wanted to show the demo that it can be done with LCD instead of microprojectors) on 3 monitors, the feed goes to those 3 micro projectors mounted on the gun that throw a picture on a wall, gun with motion sensors, all your movement of the gun is detected. The only thing you would need is "WASD" buttons/keys for movement, the rest is all done.

I hope some company will pick this idea up and make it in to mass production. Best FPS idea ever! Shit... i would make a room just for that toy, all white with round walls.

Ahh I hear ya, god damn it PEOPLE READ THIS SHIT, watch the videos and tell your CEOs!!! :D:D:D

Really cool idea. Hope to see it developed further. And if I was him I would be patenting it.

Imagine it combined with stereo 3D projection and some sort of Natal style body tracking... would be incredible. Although a 3D projector in the controller is probably not feasible.

Last edited:
Just think about posting the same thing. That looks downright amazing.

Why couldn't a pair of those pocket projectors be combined with this? It definitely has possibilities.

This looks so cool. I would buy one if it were on sale :)
7221e5c8ec6b08ef6d3f9ff3ce6eb1d1.gif

I'd rather do Natal tbh.

While this guy's stuff is cool, it's just too clumsy for long playhours, and projectors will not have the resolution that LCD displays have. I wouldn't want to see a washed out game environment projected onto my basements wall. Pass.

I'd rather do Natal tbh.

While this guy's stuff is cool, it's just too clumsy for long playhours, and projectors will not have the resolution that LCD displays have. I wouldn't want to see a washed out game environment projected onto my basements wall. Pass.

aaaaand done http://www.i-glassesstore.com/i-glasses9203d.html

Think I may contact this dude if he hasn't considered switching to a VR headset model.

I'd rather do Natal tbh.

I take this with a gun and motion sensors along with a micro projectors + will build a special room if thing will work (works with every FPS on PC out of the box), over Natal standing in front of the TV looking like an idiot with an imaginary gun, ANY FUCKING TIME! :D

This looks quite cool actually, tempted to throw that lot together with cheap ass parts....wonder how much a little LCD screen like that costs...

I hope this blows up and becomes the laser tag/photon of the 21st century. We need something new(well, I sure do ;p )

tbh, I think I might be to lazy to stand up. I guess I could sit, since he is moving forward with his buttons. But still, nah .

Why can't someone just make a set of goggles with a lcd screen built in? If he pulled that off, with his little fancy gun, and I could sit on my ass, I'd buy it.

http://www.engadget.com/2009/06/21/diy-vr-game-gun-packs-built-in-motion-tracking-optional-mullet/

If this guy patents the idea he will strike gold! Beats Wii, Natal or any other gimmick.

I know he only showed the gun with motion controls and some LCD mounted on the gun, but he mentioned micro projectors... (2nd video) sucks he did not show it in action.
Imagine a game(scratch the crapy LCD, but i think he wanted to show the demo that it can be done with LCD instead of microprojectors) on 3 monitors, the feed goes to those 3 micro projectors mounted on the gun that throw a picture on a wall, gun with motion sensors, all your movement of the gun is detected. The only thing you would need is "WASD" buttons/keys for movement, the rest is all done.

I hope some company will pick this idea up and make it in to mass production. Best FPS idea ever! Shit... i would make a room just for that toy, all white with round walls.

These are both really cool designs and Idea's , where do you get the Track IR5 from?

I will be impressed when someone makes a machine that links our brain to a virtual world.

To cumbersome and that tiny of a screen would suck. I'd rather have a KB&M and a 19"+ lcd. Seems like a fun novelty though like the wii mote.

pretty cool, but I don't really understand the gun mounted projector idea, when you move the gun around the screen is going to move around too, like all over your roof, side walls and floor.

Heh, they are going to have to provide a weapons training course with the gun so kids and adults dont play for too long or with a bad posture!
Thats brilliant though and could be extended to allow live play in an actual room/house.
By walking through the house and/or placing indicators on corners before playing, you can map almost anything.
A camera on the front of the gun will provide each persons display with a gun sight overlay, so no need to actually model the houses contents and no need for powerful graphics cards.

too much excercise for a video game IMO, just like the wii, theres a reason for stereotypes, keep it that way

It looks really impractical for real use. I doubt most people game in an open enough area where they could even use such a thing.

It looks really impractical for real use. I doubt most people game in an open enough area where they could even use such a thing.

i like to stick to my underground layer that contains no room for me to move except for my fingers when i game

Well, there is the novint falcon. The army have real full body sims and stuff. But the closest we have is the novint falcon

Back