Best for gaming latency?

Copyright

Supreme [H]ardness
I have network over my power outlets but its a cheapy option that was given to me by my provider. I am looking at getting TP-LINK TL-PA6010KIT or using wireless. What would be the best option for gaming? I was afraid wireless would give me to much latency when gaming and my current network over power outlets is dropping me but I think they are defective since one of them started making a strange noise. Before the noise it all seemed fine. Thx for any feedback network Gurus!

Switched over to my wireless and everything seems better than network over power.. Not sure how it would compare to a better quality network over power setup like the TP-LINK TL-PA6010KIT???

FWIW: My Ubiquiti Unifi LR AP added about 4ms vs. wired and I was in a separate building.

it should be fine with the TP-LINK TL-PA6010KIT.

I used an dlink 300Mbps powerline kit connected to a switch and my nas and unifi and experience 0 latency issues unless i was streaming/downloading files while playing.

I ended up pulling 150+ft of cat 5e cable and now it doesn't affect my gaming and downloading/streaming from netflix.

also the electric wiring in your house could also be a factor as well depending on how old your house is.

it should be fine with the TP-LINK TL-PA6010KIT.

I used an dlink 300Mbps powerline kit connected to a switch and my nas and unifi and experience 0 latency issues unless i was streaming/downloading files while playing.

I ended up pulling 150+ft of cat 5e cable and now it doesn't affect my gaming and downloading/streaming from netflix.

also the electric wiring in your house could also be a factor as well depending on how old your house is.

House is 2010... I have an electrical background and I kind of have a feeling the GFCI breakers cause issues in houses. I will pickup that kit and give it a try. Thx for the feedback!!!

Back