• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Best Fan Grills

Joined
Nov 25, 2003
Messages
62
I remember reading in a thread about someones new mod and someone else comment on the grills being nice, then someone say " Best grills i've ever seen were here blah blah " I dont remember the blah blah .. I remember clicking it.. they had some hot fan grills. anyone know some really good sites to get some unique / hot fan grills?
 
I would bet my legs that you clicked on a link to Bonzenago's site, but I can't remember what the address is, just search through the past posts here for one by Bonz, he posts updates about new grills all the time, he even does incredible case work, last I heard his store was closed for a while though


/edit, here you go,

http://bonzai-mods.com <----his site

http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=697963 <---his thread about grills
 
I prefer just the standrd wire grill. Shure it may not look pretty, but it provides the safety fo not sticking your finger (or other body parts) into a fan, and costs you the least ammount of flow resistance.
 
the plain jane fan grills do offer the best air flow, but a child can still put their fingers through those. Other than that, what idiot would put their finger (not to mention any other part of their anatomy) in a spinning fan?
 
Originally posted by Knightzack
the plain jane fan grills do offer the best air flow, but a child can still put their fingers through those. Other than that, what idiot would put their finger (not to mention any other part of their anatomy) in a spinning fan?
Can you say "American PC"?

Hope you guys caught that :|
 
LMAO

Vantec tonado = OUCH!!!

even plane jane fan grills provide more safety than the fancy ones. They are usualy jut for looks, and have lareg openings. Realy if safety were converned the mesh grills would be the best.
 
Originally posted by Knightzack
the plain jane fan grills do offer the best air flow, but a child can still put their fingers through those. Other than that, what idiot would put their finger (not to mention any other part of their anatomy) in a spinning fan?

It's not a matter of sticking fingers in there, it's a matter of other things on my messy desk going in there :-x

I'm more worried about protecting the fan than I am protecting things from going in there, anyway.
 
Originally posted by Knightzack
the plain jane fan grills do offer the best air flow, but a child can still put their fingers through those. Other than that, what idiot would put their finger (not to mention any other part of their anatomy) in a spinning fan?

One instance I am aware of is with a person reaching to move a mid or full tower case and having a finger go into a fan on the back if there were no grills.
 
wire grill are nice, modded grills are nice too.

I use grills to keep my fingers out when the pc is on, and when im moving the pc, i dont whant to bust a fan on the way to a lan b/c my finger sliped, to help keep out big peaces of dust, and on the inside so i dont bust a fan when messing with stuff (taking of a side panle and the corner of it dips in and sends 3 fan blades flying at your face and across the room

grills can also look cool with lights from a led fan or ccfl behind them
 
Back
Top