• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Best Fan for Socket 939

{NcsO}ReichstaG

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Aug 13, 2004
Messages
1,768
Hello,
So I was just looking to getting water cooling, but it's so damn expensive. ~$260!!!! :mad: I am going to wait on it.
What is the MOST POWRFUL fan for a socket 939. I don't care about how noisy it is. I just want the most powerful cooler.
-Thanks
 
{NcsO}ReichstaG said:
Hello,
So I was just looking to getting water cooling, but it's so damn expensive. ~$260!!!! :mad: I am going to wait on it.
What is the MOST POWRFUL fan for a socket 939. I don't care about how noisy it is. I just want the most powerful cooler.
-Thanks

I thought that to. Until the Vantec Tornado proved me wrong. I can't stand to be in the same room with it. My rig isn't quiet by any stretch of the imagination. However it feels like GOLDEN SILENCE by comparison.

I'd recommend the appropriate Swiftec heatsink, with a Tornado for ultimate air cooling for a CPU.

{NcsO}ReichstaG said:
I meant the Heatsink + Fan. It would go into a ThermalTake Armor case probably
This fan looks great:
http://www.frozencpu.com/fan-88.html

But I would need a heatsink to mount it on...

I suggest a CM Stacker as a solid alternative to the Armor case. The Armor is tacky and the goofy bezel it has just detracts from the overall design.
 
Thank you, could you post links to the swifttec heatsink and the vantec fan..like where I could buy them..
Also, how do they compare to a Asetek or Swifttech watercooling system?
 
I like the ThermalTake Armor because it has that see through window.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16811133154

The CM Stacker looks good, but it also seems more expensive and does not have that window. But I don't mind cheap looking bezels. I am coming from a case I got for $40 with PSU, 1 or 2 years ago...RAIDMAX

BTW, the Tornado does not seem as impressive in terms of size as that other fan...But it is much cheaper though
 
{NcsO}ReichstaG said:
I like the ThermalTake Armor because it has that see through window.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16811133154

The CM Stacker looks good, but it also seems more expensive and does not have that window. But I don't mind cheap looking bezels. I am coming from a case I got for $40 with PSU, 1 or 2 years ago...RAIDMAX

BTW, the Tornado does not seem as impressive in terms of size as that other fan...But it is much cheaper though

The CM Stacker isn't cheap. That's for sure. Although you can get an optional window from Coolermaster authorized retailers such as FrozenCPU.

Heres a Swiftech and when you select it, you can choose to add the Vantec Tornado fan to the order. I've found Swiftech heatsinks to be some of the best you can buy. I've never used this one, but the Swiftech MCX775-V and the Vantec Tornado pushed my 3.4GHz Pentium 4 550 to 3.95GHz on air and kept the temps reasonable under load.

http://www.crazypc.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=50797
 
Back
Top