Best exchange to buy on?

oldmanbal

2[H]4U
coinbase but I'm not playing tennis with currencies trying to make a buck in the margins

Archaea

[H]F Junkie
Thanks, I'll give them a try; Coinbase's fees are crazy for day trading.
coinbase pro is 1/2 a percent for makers and takers at the smallest trading tier (most of us), and goes cheaper from there. If you are a big roller, 500M transaction volume - you get free trade. ;) Something to aspire to. lol
1613662560253.png

https://help.coinbase.com/en/pro/trading-and-funding/trading-rules-and-fees/fees

I have a trading account with Bittrex as well. Here are their fees.
1613662746692.png

https://bittrex.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/115000199651-What-fees-does-Bittrex-charge-

Zedicus

Gawd
don't trade on coinbase period. they are not customer friendly. Kraken has much lower fees at all tiers. Kraken is not as pretty as far as the interface goes, but that is the only negative.

cdabc123

2[H]4U
Kraken fees are .16% .26% at the lowest tier.

Coinbase also has the friendly habbit of going down or "maintenance" when crypto gets volatile. Not to say kraken hasnt in the past but they seem to do it less.

Plus 5x margin on crypto is entertaining

legcramp

[H]F Junkie
Appreciate the tips guys, been dipping my toes in coinbase pro lately and I love that I can trade crypto 24/7 and not worry about market hours etc etc. Coinbase doesn't have some coins I want to trade so will definitely look into Kraken.

Parja

[H]F Junkie
don't trade on coinbase period. they are not customer friendly. Kraken has much lower fees at all tiers. Kraken is not as pretty as far as the interface goes, but that is the only negative.
But you also have to factor in the fast, no-fee transfers from Nicehash -> Coinbase -> Coinbase Pro

Zedicus

Gawd
But you also have to factor in the fast, no-fee transfers from Nicehash -> Coinbase -> Coinbase Pro
not if you are not a nicehash user. i never found benefit in using that model. i am sure there is some benefit, as lots of people use it. For me mining and then dropping it to something, then i can use a bitpay card or my kraken account, was the easiest lowest fee model.

noko

Supreme [H]ardness
I use Coinbase to cash out to Bank Account or if I buy something with BTC. Mining rewards, which lately are astronomically and ridiculously high. I look at it, why buy Crypto when you can mine it quarters on the dollar.

mesasone

Limp Gawd
If you're spending USD, I like coin base/pro for the free and instant ACH transfers. Fees on Coinbase pro are reasonable, but you can definitely get better elsewhere. Coinbase also has a reputation for poor customer service and people getting locked out of their accounts, though I suspect many of these users leave out key details to try to generate sympathy.