• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Best electrical system to avoid pwm flicker?

dopple

Gawd
Joined
Oct 5, 2011
Messages
685
i'm wondering if being on single phase vs two phase vs 3 phase electrical system has an impact on pwm flicker or flicker in general in backlights in a monitor?
 
I don't think it would matter as the PWM is what is causing the flicker, not the cleanliness of power the monitor is being fed.
 
what about flicker in general when it is not controlled by PWM? for example flicker at full brightness.
 
I don't think I'e ever seen an LCD screen that flickered normally, is it broken?
 
two phase?

also, I have never seen a 3 phase monitor...and I doubt there is such a thing
 
I don't think I'e ever seen an LCD screen that flickered normally, is it broken?

i was curious about it because my monitor has flicker at 100% brightness since the start its an hp 2207 with the innolux panel, ccfl lights.
 
two phase?

also, I have never seen a 3 phase monitor...and I doubt there is such a thing

i thought a 3 phase electrical system would have lower harmonic and magnetic distortion compared to other systems so that might help.

and since a single phase electrical system does 60 hz a 3 phas would do 180 hz? less of visible flickering especially in lighting fixtures which would translate to better performance i.e. less flicker for the monitor?
 
i thought a 3 phase electrical system would have lower harmonic and magnetic distortion compared to other systems so that might help.

and since a single phase electrical system does 60 hz a 3 phas would do 180 hz? less of visible flickering especially in lighting fixtures which would translate to better performance i.e. less flicker for the monitor?

uhhhh, but how would you hook it to your monitor?

the power supply in your monitor is designed to run off split single phase 220...not trying to be rude, I think you have some reading to do.
 
uhhhh, but how would you hook it to your monitor?

the power supply in your monitor is designed to run off split single phase 220...not trying to be rude, I think you have some reading to do.

i didnt get a clear answer while searching google.

from what i read there are 3 waves in a 3 phase system vs 1 wave + capacitors to produce the other 2 to power a motor in single phase system.

but you pointed out it was single phase 220v for a monitor.

i'm wondering how this would affect an incandescent bulb though? will it run at 60 hz on single phase and 180 hz on 3 phase or just 60 hz in both cases?
 
the light bulb only has 2 terminals

where do you hook the other phase?

3 phase transformers or motors have 3 distinct sets of windings, 1 for each leg
 
the light bulb only has 2 terminals

where do you hook the other phase?

3 phase transformers or motors have 3 distinct sets of windings, 1 for each leg


right so it will be 60 hz.. one hot wire and one neutral?

or 2 phases for 120 hz in all?
 
one phase, 240V, tapped in the middle and earthed there, so you end up with 2@120V legs 180 deg out of phase with each other.
 
Back
Top