• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Best EARPHONES?

imhungry

Limp Gawd
Joined
Dec 26, 2005
Messages
207
I've been looking around for the best earbuds for the price around, and I'm looking for something under $100 if possible, definately not over $150.

I've found these.

Shure E2c - http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...1_2/104-0111107-6258303?ie=UTF8&s=electronics
Etymotic Research ER6 - http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0..._20/104-0111107-6258303?ie=UTF8&s=electronics

Can anyone shoot me some suggestions and opinions?
It's main use will be for my MP3 Player [Sandisk Sansa e260]
Then some use with my laptop, and I'll be upgrading the soundcard.

Thanks.
 
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Comparing those two I'd say the following. If you want more detail but can sacrifice some low end, then go with the Ety. The Shures have more low end response but are definately not as detailed. I use a set of the E2Gs for my transit ride to work. WIth the foamies they're ok I guess. I find them much better than any of the standard earbud offerings out there. I've had mine for about 9 months or so now and am probably going to upgrade soon though. There is no comparison between my MS-1s or A900s to the E2Gs.

However, on a budget and for decent sound both are a good option.
 
Is there any particular reason why you would prefer earbuds/IEMS to headphones? If it is portability you're looking for, then the koss portapros or sennheiser px 100s should be the sweetspot in sound and performance. If it is sound isolation, then you can't go wrong with the sennheiser hd 280s since they are only $80. However, the audio technica 900s offer better sound and a little less isolation AFAIK than the HD 280s if your budget can go over $100.
 
Want the ability to be able to just shove them in my pocket / backpack.

Are the Creative EP630 or Sennheiser CX300 any good? :) They look identical.
 
imhungry said:
Want the ability to be able to just shove them in my pocket / backpack.

Are the Creative EP630 or Sennheiser CX300 any good? :) They look identical.
yes, this is what i like to know to...i'll check out the specs...i had the crea's and ( for my humble hearing ) they're doing great as a replacement for the normal creatives. nice bass, allthough not thàt deep. It was a gift so i don't really know if they're worth the money as i don't know the price.
 
I think I'm going to go with either

a pair of Creative EP630 or Sennheiser CX300
and
a pair of MX400 or MX500s.

I want one decent pair and one cheapy pair. Most likely going with MX400s as people say the sound quality is pretty much the same, but I don't want that lunky volume control.

Thoughts? :)
 
I have heard sennheiser's product quality in the earbud/IEM department is lacking. So far, since you want portability, the Sennheiser px 100s fold easily into your pocket and provides better sound quality for the price than any earbud $40-50 more expensive than it.
 
I have a set of Ultimate Ears super.fi 5 pros. They have a 3 model that would be in your pricerange.
 
I'm probably going to get a set of PX100s to see how portable they are, if not portable enough, I'll use them with the laptop.

Still trying to decide between EP630s and CX300s. If the sound quality isn't much different, I can't justify the Sennheiser's being double the price of the EP630s.


Which has a better warranty? [No questions asked is better, in case the sound goes out in one ear, I can just ship it to them, etc.] And how long are each of the warantees? I didn't find it skimming through Amazon.
 
I've used the Etys and liked them also, until recently. The left earbud has become ridiculously quiet for some reason. They're not new though
 
imhungry said:
I'm probably going to get a set of PX100s to see how portable they are, if not portable enough, I'll use them with the laptop.

To be honest the PX series are kind of a pain in the ass to have to fold up so ....


imhungry said:
Still trying to decide between EP630s and CX300s. If the sound quality isn't much different, I can't justify the Sennheiser's being double the price of the EP630s.


I would love to be able to tell what the sonic differances between the Sennheiser's and Creative's are but the idiots @ the Creative Ebay store still have not shipped the EP630s I bought from them three weeks ago. :(

http://us.creative.com/products/pro...441&product=11397&nav=technicalSpecifications

Product Warranty:

Creative offers a twelve (12) month(s) limited hardware warranty.

http://www.sennheiserusa.com/newsite/productdetail.asp?transid=500830

2-year warranty
 
Oh?

Any good alternatives to the PX100s?

I was looking at the Koss KS75s or something as well.
Need something that can fold up, or earphones. Prefer to get one set of each.
 
Okay.

I'm getting a pair of e3cs, a pair of cheapys, and some portable headphones.

What would have better quality out of these three.
Sennheiser PX100
Sennheiser PX200
Koss KSC75.


Probably going to go with
Koss "The Plug"
Koss "The Spark Plug"
Sennheiser MX400
Sennheiser MX500
as the cheapies.

Ordering Sunday night, opinions?
 
Out of the headphones, the Koss and px100 would compete really well (I think px100s were designed to compete with portapros) and the px200 sacrifices some sound quality for its noise cancelling features.
 
Back
Top