• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Best Earbuds Less Than $150?

ighardcore

Limp Gawd
Joined
May 28, 2009
Messages
187
I made a thread a while back about headaches that I get with over ear headphones. Unfortunately neither the ATH-AD700 (with a900 pads) or HD 558 are wearable longer than an hour or two before my head feels like it's about to implode. So, I have to look at earbuds. Right now I'm using Razer Moray Plus earbuds with some of these:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00ANF6XVC/ref=oh_details_o06_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 (small size)

BUT the small size of those tips are too big for my ears, and they tend to hurt my ear canal after a few hours. The default tips that come with the Moray's make the audio sound tinny and remote. So, I'm looking for something that can both fit in my ear and sound good in the form of an earbud. A built-in mic is a huge plus. I don't want something that sits outside my ear canal since they tend to fall out super easy and I'd be fidgeting with them constantly.

Any recommendations in the $50-150 price range? I want something that's going to last a while. I bought the Moray's in October 2011 and they've been troopers but the audio has room for improvement... I should stop rambling now. Thanks guys for any insight/help you can offer.
 
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I have no suggestions, but would like to leech off this thread, interested in what others recommend too.

One thing I hate about some ear buds is when they create a vacuum in your ear canal. Been looking for a good pair that don't do that... To no avail
 
The mother of all IEM review threads

If you scroll way, way down on that, you'll find the "Short Take: Comparison by numbers" chart, which makes it clear which IEMs are pricebusters. You're looking for yellow ($50 to $100) or orange ($100 to $250) which are way up high on the chart over the more expensive ones. For example, the $99 HiFiMan RE Waterline IEMs are way, way above all the other yellow ones and above a bunch of $250 to $350 IEMs, so it's worth looking at the detailed review further up the page to see why they're so good.

One of the great things about that huge multi review is that it lists the nozzle sizes of all of those hundreds of IEMs, so you can look for small ones if you have particularly small ear canals.

As far as the tips go, Comply T400 foam tips and Sony hybrids are huge favorites for comfort, but there are other favorites; it's all quite as contentious as the video cards forum. The multi review also goes into detail about which tips he thinks is best with each one.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top