Best Drivers for Geforce 4 Ti-4600

Skrying

2[H]4U
Me and some of my clan members recently held a little charity drive to build a computer for my girlfriend and fellow member of our gaming clan. Thourgh several donations and a few gifts from me (Audigy 2 zs and a new 80gig WD HD) we have come to peice together a newer computer so she clan play my clans current game (CS:S). One of the donations and the graphics card for the system is a Geforce 4 TI-4600. I was wondering if the most current drivers from Nvidia are the best for this card, the only two games that are going to be played are CS:S and Soldier of Fotune 2.

Thanks in advance.

You should be fine running with the latest drivers, I was running a Geforce 2 on the newest drivers not too long ago...

The last drivers completely optimized for the Ti series were the 45.23's.

My girl just beat Soldier of Fortune 2 with a GF4-TI4400 and dets 66.93 or whatever official version is at nvidia site, btw she loved that game, actually its one of the collest games ever :D

* forgot to add, that driver version works flawless on SOF2

OldMX

Okay, got the newest newest drrivers but there's something weird with text. Its like no AA in a game. I've never used nvidia cards before so I dont know how to fix this problem. Any help?

We found it. *Hates nvidia for making all manual/release notes in pdf*

And yeah, my clan has been playing sof2 now for almost 3+ years, we recently moved to CS:S though. It was a truly awesome game.

I scored 11850 in 3dmark 01 with my stock settings Visiontek Ti4600 on the 40.72 drivers a few years ago. Today I score around 10500 at 315/700 then world of warcraft decided it didnt like that so I am down to 305/680 (crap overclock). However 3dmark 01 remains the same.

So why did I upgrade drivers? The newest games like splinter cell:pT would have missing textures etc with the old drivers.

roaf85 said:
I scored 11850 in 3dmark 01 with my stock settings Visiontek Ti4600 on the 40.72 drivers a few years ago. Today I score around 10500 at 315/700 then world of warcraft decided it didnt like that so I am down to 305/680 (crap overclock). However 3dmark 01 remains the same.

So why did I upgrade drivers? The newest games like splinter cell:pT would have missing textures etc with the old drivers.

MUhaaaaaa....15907 on 3dmark01 with my old ti4600 stock clock running 6.14.01.4300 drivers

http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k1=6108561

hmmmm...where is EvIL_M@lum to comment on my ti4600..... :)

I had the 45.43's and the 44.03's. They ran really good with all the games back in the day. I'd suggest getting the latest drivers to play some of the newer games though.

Not sure if these are related or not but Soldier of Fortune 2 is having a problem now. Whenever you go to the games server browser it'll crash the game to the desktop with a messed up brightness/gamma setting. I really want to fix this if at all possible, any idea's?

Major_A said:
Weren't those some of the cheater drivers though? I know my Ti4400 did a lot better with the 44.03's than it did with the 45.23's.

this was well before they started cheating on drivers...i belive those were offical driverss..

In fact i scored very close to this with many other drivers of that era, the lowest score was like
14, somethin on the 45s if i remember corectly...

I never cheated on any 3dmarks, as dont put that much effort into it...since my ti4600 and 3dmark01, i never scored close to good score for my specs...Started going for quality in games over 3dmarks...

I(illa Bee said:
MUhaaaaaa....15907 on 3dmark01 with my old ti4600 stock clock running 6.14.01.4300 drivers

http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k1=6108561

hmmmm...where is EvIL_M@lum to comment on my ti4600..... :)

My gosh I would help you would score better. You only have a 600mhz clock speed advantage. not to mention the memory and fsb increasement. The only thing I have overclocked on the memory is the timings from 2.5-3-3-6 to 2-2-3-5. The best I have seen for a ti4600 was around 18k if I remember correctly.

My vote goes for the 44.03's... IF they support source and SOF2. I know certain new games required the 56.xx or so... but in all my time with the Ti4600, 44.03's were by far the best..

My second machine with a Leadtek 4600 likes the 44.03. I can still remember first getting that card, what a upgrade it was going from a Hercules Geforce 2.

Back