• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Best drivers for a x1950xt?

Glow

Supreme [H]ardness
Joined
Jul 20, 2002
Messages
4,834
My current drivers are 8.383.0.0 *shrug* well I stopped following updated ones since the next few releases people seemed to be complaining about decrease in performance. Should I stick with these or update?


On a side not OCing a x1950xt 256mb does it OC well or should I stay clear I dont usually OC my vid cards.
 
Ive been using the most recent drivers. Ive noticed a lot of stuff wrong with them in combination with my card, though some of these problems may be from me messing with the aftermarket HSF.

Source games crash pretty much constantly with a Direct3D9 error along with datacache.dll problems. Going back to 7.5 fixed this problem but I've noticed lower performance in other non-Steam games. I started to pick CSS back up so Im thinking of reinstalling the good ol' 7.5s once again.

As for OCing, my card is GARBAGE. Stock volts are 1.425 at 621mhz GPU and 2.1xx at 900mhz for VRAM. On these voltages I can get 648/945 and only crash when I play for 4hrs+ lengths, which is probably a case airflow problem I could fix. Increasing volts to 1.5v and keeping at 648 keeps it stable but the full load temps jump by about 10 degrees getting close to 90c so I just keep them at stock. Vram gives me artifacts anywhere after 945 at any voltage. I have heard of people doing well with the x1950xt's hitting in the 700/1000 area which would be great, but oh well, it's time to upgrade anyway.
 
yeash any idea what driver version 8.383.0.0 is? 7.something
 
7.10 work perfectly with my X1950Pro AGP, Probably the latest drivers would work fine as well.
 
I use the Vista 64bit Catalyst 7.9 drivers, working fine here on X1950XT 256MB
 
Back
Top