• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Best Drivers for a 6800 ?

COCOViper

Gawd
Joined
Dec 16, 2000
Messages
560
Hey, I know there really are a set of best drivers for each system out there (when it comes to performance, IQ, and stability). But seeing as I've been on my OC'd Ti4200 for so long (and have been sticking to the best performing drivers for my system, the 44.01's) I have no idea where to even start for my new 6800 that comes next week.

So anyone out there with an Nforce2+6800 Combo...what's your favorite driver set ?
 
COCOViper said:
Hey, I know there really are a set of best drivers for each system out there (when it comes to performance, IQ, and stability). But seeing as I've been on my OC'd Ti4200 for so long (and have been sticking to the best performing drivers for my system, the 44.01's) I have no idea where to even start for my new 6800 that comes next week.

So anyone out there with an Nforce2+6800 Combo...what's your favorite driver set ?


First of all, you've posted enough you should know to search the threads first. This is such a common topic. Try searching the guru website as well. I like 61.35's the best, 61.72 and 61.71 are also supposed to be very good. I found some graphic problems with those drivers in Far Cry, i'm really happy with the quality and performance of 61.35.

Like all driver related things, you just need to try these out. It's especially important for these most recent cards for you to get rid off all remnants of the drivers, so make sure to do a complete removal (topics on this too) before installing. Basically, uninstall the drivers in control panel, boot to safe mode, use driver cleaner to remove remnants, install new drivers.
 
oozish said:
Like all driver related things, you just need to try these out. It's especially important for these most recent cards for you to get rid off all remnants of the drivers, so make sure to do a complete removal (topics on this too) before installing. Basically, uninstall the drivers in control panel, boot to safe mode, use driver cleaner to remove remnants, install new drivers.

yea thats been true for a very long time so I know that. As for just searching and finding out, everyone has varying opinions on what drivers they feel are best (like i said specific to their system) so I basicly was just looking for a general consensus of 3 or 4 drivers that almost everyone agrees is good. And if someone has a similar system to mine, then so much the better :)
 
so you're getting the $300 6800 vanilla?

I bet it will last you forever, like your ti4200. If I hadnt upgraded from my ti4600 to a5900 nu I'd probably have already ordered a 6800 vanilla. But since I just spent $230 on the 5900 back in like Nov (I think) I wont upgrade unless I can sell my 5900 for $200 and then buy a 6800GT.
 
Back
Top