Best Drivers for 6800 GT?

Nobi125

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Jun 7, 2005
Messages
2,004
I just ordered a BFG 6800GT OC (AGP 8X) and was wondering which drivers are the best. I know that Nvidia's drivers are ok because I used the Forceware ones with my old card, but I have seen people mention drivers called Omega or modded and such. I was wondering what the differences are and which are the best.

Also...I paid $294....did I get a decent deal on the card?
 
i would think yes...i paid 425 for mine, im thinking about a year ago or so. not quite sure...
 
Yes, you got a decent deal.

Used BFG 6800 GTs are going for $300.
A brand new one in the box just went for $305 on Ebay, plus $12 shipping.
 
Here's a comparison of nVidia drivers. Of course, your results may vary, but it will at least give you a baseline idea of expected performance. I'm running at 550 core, 1120 memory with the 77.13 drivers it is flawless.
 
xFuryofFivex said:
550 core... damn what kind of temps do ya got?
usually 43-45 idle and 60-65 under load. Using OCZ copper BGA memory sinks and AS5 under the stock cooler.
 
Thanks for the info guys. That comparison was informative, although it was kinda weird that older drivers worked better than the new ones sometimes.
 
Back
Top