Best Dog Fighting PC Game?

Creizai

Limp Gawd
Topic says all.. Been playing BF2 alot. now I want to move up to the next step.

by dog fighting, are you refering to cock fights, cat fights, and other animal battles? If so, check out pokemon, I think they do a killer job of animal vs. animal.

Um, he means dog fighting as in fighter plane duels. Last i heard Pacific Fighters was THE game to play for your RDA of dog fighting action.

Creizai said:
Topic says all.. Been playing BF2 alot. now I want to move up to the next step.

depends... are you looking for realism?

i'd have to reccomend Falcon 4.0 Allied Force. recently released... very very realistic.

I have almost no firsthand experience on the topic, but from what I've heard, Lock-On Modern Air Combat is the best? I could very well be wrong, but that's what I remember everyone saying.

Lock on and Falcon 4 are good for modern jets, Pacific Fighters is probably best for world war 2 era stuff though :)

Dano.

Depending on your system - Lock On Modern Air Combat

I'd also have to recommend IL-2/Pacific Fighters, everything turned on for realism makes it an awesome experience.

I'm not too crazy into the realistic simulators so I'd have to say Crimson Skies...that game is awesome on the pc (not the xbox version which is pretty good though).

So how's Pacific Fighters? Do you need to read the entire manual before you can get the plane off the ground or can you just jump in and go?

ekorazn said:
by dog fighting, are you refering to cock fights, cat fights, and other animal battles? If so, check out pokemon, I think they do a killer job of animal vs. animal.

Sadly, the first thing that came to my mind was who the fuck would make a game about two dogs fighting....lol.

IL2 Forgotten Battles Gold (that has the ACE Expansion) plus the Pacific Fighters installed over IL2:FB Gold would be the best dog fighting game. Pacific Fighters stand alone is pretty good too (and cheaper) but the plane selection is much lower.

It is dog fighting, such as loops, turns, etc. The other games are "at 20 miles, push the launch missle button" then wait a few seconds until a "kaboom"... Guns only is much more entertaining as far as dogfighting goes.

The game is hard, but does not require you to learn complex radar modes, etc. You can just hop in, push the throttle forward, and start shooting. The game is realistic in the way the ballistics fire, and the collission detection works. Meaning, its alot harder than you think to hit a plane flying 400kph while its turning while you are also going 400kph while moving.

IL2 was fun. I cranked the realism all the way down. Also, Secret Weapons over Normandy was fun. Again, it was air combat without all the realism.

I llike the arcade combat games myself. I would like a modern air combat game that has arcade controls as well.

I know you said PC games, but there is a non-realistic air combat game I found entertaining on PS2 if you have it. Ace Combat 4. I don't know what it was about this game, but I played it completely through the night I got it (about 8 hours). The story is very captivating and the missions are fun.

But back onto PC games, I have yet to hear a bad thing on Lock On or the IL2 series. A great game I used to love was Janes Fighter Anthology, but it is now really outdated.

Zero

p.s. What happened to the days when there were tons of simulation games? I miss the whole Jane's collection.

jhzero1984 said:
I know you said PC games, but there is a non-realistic air combat game I found entertaining on PS2 if you have it. Ace Combat 4. I don't know what it was about this game, but I played it completely through the night I got it (about 8 hours). The story is very captivating and the missions are fun.

But back onto PC games, I have yet to hear a bad thing on Lock On or the IL2 series. A great game I used to love was Janes Fighter Anthology, but it is now really outdated.

Zero

p.s. What happened to the days when there were tons of simulation games? I miss the whole Jane's collection.

sims just aren't popular... bought falcon 4 AF for 30 bucks the day it came out... try that with any FPS on its first day on the market.

ace combat 4 was fun, unlocking all the fighters was neat... i thought the storyline was a bit lame (they maaad increased the drama), but nevertheless still fun

Back