• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Best Display for under $1000

Gadfly

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jun 16, 2004
Messages
231
I am looking to get a new display.

Biggest and best I can get for under a grand. Any advice? CRT or flat panel ok.

Gad
 
I have the Mitsubishi 2070sb brand new for about $200 off the retail price, It is brand new sealed


http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=817657


I aready ahve a few people looking into it so please if you would like this brand new monitor at almost $200 off, contact me


Its a great monitor brand new from Mitsubishi,
 
What if he was interetested in LCDs only? :) I'm also looking for the best screen in the price range, but for space restrictions, LCD is highly-preferred.
 
Pixeleet, I'd love to help, but that'd be hijacking this thread =0)

Also:
What if he was interetested in LCDs only?

He said, "biggest" =0þ

I'm just assuming he's looking for picture quality over anything else.
 
Gadfly said:
I am looking to get a new display.

Biggest and best I can get for under a grand. Any advice? CRT or flat panel ok.

Gad



If he wants biggest and best it is a CRT, LCDs are good for people who dont need the best quality and dont ahve the space,

Many will disagree but you cannot compare any LCD to a Appature Grille CRT. The Monitor I am selling in the above most is the best and most expensive crt you can buy under $1000.
 
If you are looking into LCD's, go for the Dell 2001FP, hands down.

Just picked one up for $719 from Dell.com a few days ago and I love it.

The S Video and Composite inputs are sweet too. I have it connected to my home theater, so I can watch TV and work on my 22" CRT at the same time... oh, and it has Picture in Picture too, so you can work on it, and have a little TV window at the same time. It's awesome. I'm saving up for a 2nd one :D
 
EGGO said:
Not if he's going for picture quality.


I think that that's a big mis-conception. Yes, when LCD's were first on the market their picture quality was very poor. Not anymore. I have this LCD sitting next to my Mitsubishi Diamond Pro 2020u, and I like the picture quality on the Dell better. This is was a $1000 monitor (the Mitsubishi) when I bought it. I do graphic design and 3D work, so I'm very critical of picture quality, and I love my 2001FP.

Not to mention that the Dell has true 24 bit color, plus when using an LCD with a DVI connection, things like monitor calibration and color temperature are not an issue. Since the signal is digital, their is no calibrating.
 
I would say you need to calibrate your Diamondpro.

I'm sure that anybody whose reviewed the monitor (there's even a good review here and another on Anandtech) you'll see that the 2001 has less than stellar image quality. They even have a picture beside picture comparison of it and the 193P and you can easily see the astounding difference in contrast.
 
Just a thought but the Samsung 213T is below $1000 most places right now. (Try Buy.com) and it’s blew my Dell 2001FP out of the water. Most people who have posted about it think as I do that it games really well and has top notch color. Like all LCD’s take the time to calibrate it, makes a huge difference.
 
Back
Top