• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Best disk 1:1 cloning util?

arnemetis

Supreme [H]ardness
2FA
Joined
Aug 2, 2004
Messages
4,291
My wd 120gb pata hdd started getting bad sectors and clicking/locking up a few months back, so I borrowed the same model drive from a friend who had a spare (what luck!) and managed to save all my data. While I did manage to save all data and most programs, I did have to reinstall windows, games, apps, etc. Now the rma has come in from wd and I would like to make a 1:1 of it this time, to prevent the reinstall madness. The drive is currently split into 3 partitions (os, programs, and data), what software would be able to do this, keeping the operating system intact? Thanks.
 
driveimagexml from runtime.org is free and may work. I think it's on the UBCD as well.
Otherwise try the WD tools, they have a program too.
 
Yep, what drizzt81 said... use the UBCD tools to make a 1:1 copy of the HD.
If you still cant figure it out, then use the WD HD tool to do it (but I have had issues in the past with the WD HD tools, fyi)

D.
 
even though it takes a long time to do, i much prefer to reinstall my stuff one by one
 
Thanks for all the suggestions, I'll check out the ubcd. With the rediculous amount of games, apps (specifically the 3d design stuff I use), I don't even want to reinstall windows again, forget all the patches and the *weeks* it would take to install and configure all of them all over.
 
Back
Top