Best defragmentation program for Win XP?

jpinard

Limp Gawd
I'm looking for an after market defragmentation program. I personally don't think Win XP's built-in defragger is doing a very good job. So far I've found:

* Raxco Software's PerfectDisk
** Disk-Keeper
** O&O Defragger

Which one should I use and why do you think it's really good? I'm looking for one that does not run memory resident, is under my full control, and can defrag everything. I don't care about setting up "times to defragment" or "scheduling... just don't need nore want them.

Thanks for the help!

O & O Defrag version 8!!

I use this utility all the time, welll worth the price. It allows you to defragment and reorganize with many different algorithms. It has a stealth mode and space mode, and is just a great overall utility.

Diskeeper 10 works fine for us got it running on the servers...runs smoothly, havent had any issues. Like the scheduling features and basically does a good job.

Another vote for Diskeeper.

From what i've heard, all 3 of those you listed are good products. Pick a name out of a hat.

There's a reason why the built in defragger was built using Diskeeper technology....it's the best around. O&O is infamous for corrupting drives, where as Diskeeper is the favorite in the corporate world. Why take chances?

What if I don't want diskkeeper to run memory resident? My primary use, is I want files in game directories stuf right smack together.

I have diskkeeper but I shut down the part that runs in memory. I just start it up when I want to defrag. Its a pretty good program.

Back