Best deals on memory?

Cataulin

[H]ard|Gawd
Where does everyone go? I under stand that DDR2 800 isnt cheap but some of these prices are pure criminal. Ive been looking to upgrade the old pc to 4 gigs from the current 1.5gb setup. Any help is appreciated.

Check FatWallet.com and tomorrow's Fry's newspaper ad. Sometimes local Fry's deals are also at Frys.com.

The last deal I got was back in Jan. -- NewEgg had a 2GB Patriot DDR5300 for $10, after $20 rebate, and it was made with Hynix chips. Patriot paid the rebate in less than 3 weeks.

If you are using the board in your signature (Intel DG31PR), it has 2 slots for a maximum of 4 GB of DDR2-800.

Right now Newegg has the G.Skill RAM in my signature (really good RAM in my opinion) for $28.99 a stick or $57.99 for a two-pack. Both with free shipping as of this moment. That is less than what I paid for it between 2 and 3 months ago.

Single Pack
Twin Pack

I have 4 of these sticks in my main system and they all work great! :)

Lots of guys parting out their old rigs in the FS forum, you can probably score a good deal with a bit of haggling.

Lots of guys parting out their old rigs in the FS forum, you can probably score a good deal with a bit of haggling.
Definitely this.

There have been some great steals on the FS forum (not just here).

FatWallet is a great place as well. I'd also add SlickDeals.net into there as well just to make sure you get more coverage as far as deals go.

You have to really dig for the DDR2 memory here. Only a few are selling and its for the expensive brands. Ill dig a little deeper tho and check out the FS/FT area.

DDR2 is not being manufactured anymore, and when it was in production it was more expensive to produce than current RAM technologies. this is the reason its so expensive per GB, even still. if you need some i would look around in the for sale section.

Looks like they sold out of the Single Packs from my post. They still have the Twin Packs though.

Back