Best deal on an AMD FX-55?

Sven_Lee

Limp Gawd
Anyone know who's got the best deal on these right now? zipzoomfly.com is the only place I've found one at so far, it's 870 bucks, here's the specs

# Operating Frequency: 2.6GHz
# Type: Athlon 64 FX-55
# Core: SledgeHammer
# Cache: Level 1 64KB+64KB; Level 2 1MB
# Process: 0.13 Micron
# FSB: Integrated into Chip
# Voltage: 1.5V
# Socket: Socket 939
# Multimedia Instruction: MMX, SSE, SSE2, 3DNow!, 3DNow!+
# w/Heatsink and Fan

Trying to shop around and get the best price

lol - so on what universe is $850 considered cheap for any CPU?

Best price I've seen so far was on Monarch with Newegg coming in at a distant 2nd. I was sick of waiting, so I went with a 4000+. My rationale? The 4000+ was only slightly behind in almost every benchmark out there and was $350-$400 less.

If the prices on the FX55 had dropped somewhat more, I'd have picked one up.

yowsa...850.....athlon 64 3500+ winchester a 6800gt and a gig of superfast ram hehehe but that's just me :)

PS! said:
Best price I've seen so far was on Monarch with Newegg coming in at a distant 2nd. I was sick of waiting, so I went with a 4000+. My rationale? The 4000+ was only slightly behind in almost every benchmark out there and was $350-$400 less.

If the prices on the FX55 had dropped somewhat more, I'd have picked one up.

The reason that you pay top dollar is because the FX-55 has Dresden's best silicon and an unlocked multiplier. I pity the person that pays that much for 2.6 GHz. :(

best place to check for prices on just about any computer part is www.pricewatch.com
right now best price for the fx-55 is 849 shipped from best bargain pc, but i have had bad experience from this company, new egg comes in a very close second at 851 shipped

aZn_plyR said:
yowsa...850.....athlon 64 3500+ winchester a 6800gt and a gig of superfast ram hehehe but that's just me :)

This depends on your definition of superfast ram.

Back