• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Best current TIM?

Just an update, got a MASSIVE improvement in temps moving to the graphene TIM (~10c under load - idle is the same), but I'm thinking a lot of that could be my piss poor application of AS5. When I removed the water-block I noticed I had incomplete coverage, may be the culprit behind the ~ 10c difference between this graphene TIM and AS5. If I ever get some more time I'll probably do some head to head testing, this is the only time I've noticed any change when swapping between different TIMs.
 
Used MX4 on my 6700k @ 4600mhz.

Alison and Jeff are soooo FBI agents! Hi guys!
 
Just an update, got a MASSIVE improvement in temps moving to the graphene TIM (~10c under load - idle is the same), but I'm thinking a lot of that could be my piss poor application of AS5. When I removed the water-block I noticed I had incomplete coverage, may be the culprit behind the ~ 10c difference between this graphene TIM and AS5. If I ever get some more time I'll probably do some head to head testing, this is the only time I've noticed any change when swapping between different TIMs.

Actually this is quite interesting!! Please keep us updated...

I gave the EK Indigo XS a try - kinda amazing performance. In my system it works great! A bit scary to install, and I'd say for a large well ventilated case, it's likely not worth the cost.
I also wonder if my delid job coupled with the EK waterblock may have been bending the CPU substrate.
 
Back
Top