Best current deal on high end phone?

ssnyder28

2[H]4U
I've been a long time customer of virgin mobile on their 25/month unlimited text/data plan. The plan is great and I would stay on it but I'm limited in the phones I can get as its a grandfathered plan and apparently they charge you an extra $10 a month if you upgrade to too new of a phone.

Basically I'm trying to find a good deal where I get a pretty high end phone (like the Samsung S5 or similar) and not pay something more than 2x what I'm paying each month otherwise it just doesn't seem worth it to me.

You could get a VOIP provider at home, and use their mobile app on any tablet, like Nexus 7.

That sounds interesting but i text a lot more than make calls, how would that work?

I think that wouldn't be a good option for me, I need data too as I use my phone sometimes for browsing when I'm not home and use the navigation sometimes.

Last edited:
Moto X run smoother than the Galaxy S5 out of the box... It's cheap. Actually most last gen non-TouchWiz phones do that too. But I recommend the Moto X, or maybe you can wait for the Moto X+1

Moto g ($200) and to a lesser extent moto e ($130) are high spec, low cost phones that should be considered

That sounds interesting but i text a lot more than make calls, how would that work?

I don't think that wouldn't be a good option for me, I need data too as I use my phone sometimes for browsing when I'm not home and use the navigation sometimes.

Google voice for texting

Would I be able to buy a Verizon or Sprint Moto X, Moto G and unlock it to run on Virgin mobile?

I would suggest another Sprint mvno if that's what you want. Republic Wireless. Transferring numbers should be easy. Or go-to T-Mobile.com and get their $30 online only plan. (Note: you can only get that special T-Mobile plan is you buy the sim card online.)

https://republicwireless.com/phones/moto-x

Last edited:
I agree. If you don't call much, T-Mobile's no contract 30$ plan includes 100MINs no nights or weekends, 5GB of highspeed/unlimited throttled and unlimited texting.

Back