• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

best current cheap video card?

szdpd

Weaksauce
Joined
Aug 10, 2008
Messages
122
I asked this question about 6 months ago but since the technology is always changing I figured I'd ask again.

What's the best cheap video card (less than $100) I can get nowadays?
 
and are those pretty much obsolete by now?

I like the $65 card. Can it play newer games?
 
and are those pretty much obsolete by now?

I like the $65 card. Can it play newer games?

What resolution will you be playing at?

I would say a 4850 is good for todays games at moderate settings at 1920x1080.
 
If you are really on a tight budget I can vouch for the 4850 512mb. I currently run this old horse and it does pretty well. Plays Risen maxed out at 1920 X 1200, butter smooth. Runs Age of Conan maxed out in DX9 in the 40s and 60s. Lot of demanding visuals in AoC too. But, I also have a i7 920 backing it up with 6gb of system ram, so considering your CPU, mileage may vary.

I might add that I have it over clocked some too, and it has handled the OC very well. All in all a solid card, if a bit dated.
 
I'll see if I find a good deal on the 4850. Thanks for the help.
 
Back
Top