Best Current CD/DVD Burning Software?

XothicX

n00b
I'm looking for a new program (or more than one if necessary) for burning/ripping CDs and burning DVDs (as in backing-up system folders, not multi-media) because Nero and it's endless problems have finally gotten on my last nerve.

Even if I need two different programs, once for music/CDs and one for DVD burning, that's fine, but I need some recommendations on what are some better, more reliable programs out there now that can just get the job done.

I've a lot of system files to back-up (digital art, websites etc.), and almost 200 CDs I own to rip/burn copies of, because I like to keep the originals safe and stored. So I have a lot to do, and right now, no way to do anything.

Any suggestions on solid, no-fuss, reliable problems would be appreciated.

Cheers.

Thanks, but those are all predominantly for multi-media usage.

I'm just looking for a prog that I can use to simply burn data onto DVD, and don't need all the other multi-media capabilities.

What sort of 'endless problems' are you having with Nero? I use 6.X daily and have never had an issue with it. None....zero. Never bothered to upgrade as it's working flawlessly here.

If you have other system problems, it's possible you could buy a different software package and continue to have issues with CD / DVD burns...

I agree about Nero. It's become everything I hated about Roxio. Buggy, bloated and unreliable.

I just installed Nero with the core burning software, and it's been a lot better. More like the old days.

I don't know what got into those folks. I've never seen feature creep hit a company so fast before.

I'm looking for a new program (or more than one if necessary) for burning/ripping CDs and burning DVDs (as in backing-up system folders, not multi-media) because Nero and it's endless problems have finally gotten on my last nerve.

Even if I need two different programs, once for music/CDs and one for DVD burning, that's fine, but I need some recommendations on what are some better, more reliable programs out there now that can just get the job done.

I've a lot of system files to back-up (digital art, websites etc.), and almost 200 CDs I own to rip/burn copies of, because I like to keep the originals safe and stored. So I have a lot to do, and right now, no way to do anything.

Any suggestions on solid, no-fuss, reliable problems would be appreciated.

Cheers.

If they are just music CDs and you want to make copies of them, you can rip and burn using Windows Media Player.

I use DeepBurner for backing up data and burning music CDs. Not the most option-heavy burning program, but it is free.

Thanks for the suggestions.

I've been attempting to use v7, but:

Today 07:32 AM
TechLarry

I agree about Nero. It's become everything I hated about Roxio. Buggy, bloated and unreliable.

I just installed Nero with the core burning software, and it's been a lot better. More like the old days.

I don't know what got into those folks. I've never seen feature creep hit a company so fast before.

...this is indeed the problem, so I might go back to v6, which could sometimes have serious bugs for some people... depending, but at least certain versions of it worked well-enough.

I think Nero is "hit-or-miss" with a lot of people, whether you're "tech-savvy" or not.

But, I'll give an earlier version a shot again, and check out some of the other progs mentioned if not.

Thanks again.

It seems that every time someone inquires about a different burning program than Nero, the only answers that person gets is Nero...

Shouldn't that tell you something? I reiterated Nero 7 Lite because it's not bloated. I want to make sure people know it's out there. It is, indeed, one of the best burning apps.

Shouldn't that tell you something? I reiterated Nero 7 Lite because it's not bloated. I want to make sure people know it's out there. It is, indeed, one of the best burning apps.

I said a program OTHER than Nero.

Did you not read my post? I read yours...

I said a program OTHER than Nero.

Did you not read my post? I read yours...

Nero 7 Lite is a different program. So it still has 'Nero' in the name. Big deal. If you've never tried Nero 7 Lite, don't assume you wouldn't like it.

Nero 7 Lite is a different program. So it still has 'Nero' in the name. Big deal. If you've never tried Nero 7 Lite, don't assume you wouldn't like it.

k. If you are going to argue your point that bad, take it.

Btw, I've tried Nero Lite. IT'S STILL NERO. I personally have no problems with any version of Nero, the point I'm making is that no one ever has a different suggestion than a NERO-BASED (happy?) product.

k. If you are going to argue your point that bad, take it.

Btw, I've tried Nero Lite. IT'S STILL NERO. I personally have no problems with any version of Nero, the point I'm making is that no one ever has a different suggestion than a NERO-BASED (happy?) product.

You aren't allowed to be more angry than the OP, who's already agreed to try an earlier version of Nero. You haven't even had problems with Nero. Why aren't you angry at him? Nero is like NOD32. It's all we suggest because it's basically the best, and has been for a long time. If all you hate about Nero 7 is the bloat, there's no reason not to suggest the Lite version, especially since you've already tried or paid for Nero 7.

I've been using CD Burner XP Pro for a while now and it's always worked well for me. I've never had any issues nor any botched burns. Plus, it comes in at the right price :cool:

I like CD Burner XP Pro, as well. I recommend it.

A lot of people like ImgBurn, which is also free.

If you have some wild reason why you absolutely cannot use Nero 7 Lite (which seems to be the perfect solution), or downgrade Nero (which is a less desirable solution IMO), then I'll tell you I use and am happy with

Imgburn - a no non-sense program that's very simple, efficient, and reliable
EAC w/ LAME for ripping - extremely simple and capable as well, I got it for I heard it made the best rips without errors, it's free, and it's extremely clean

These 2 programs seem to be great for you, although I would normally say Nero 7 Lite is your best option, but if you want to just completely give up on the brand name then go ahead

Back