Best current case for dust filtration?

GV00

n00b
Joined
Feb 2, 2014
Messages
17
So I'm planning on building a desk for primary air filtration (enclosed with a big HVAC-style filter raised several inches off of the floor, with fans pulling air through it) that I'll be putting my PC in eventually. I'd intended just to build the PC into the desk itself, but the more I look at it the more it looks like it'd be kind of a crummy return on investment. Too much work, woodworking tools I wouldn't use often enough to merit buying, and fiddly design for necessary support. It also makes moving more of a challenge, since it's harder to treat heavy things gently. Having a proper case means I can not only build the computer now and construct the desk at my leisure, but would allow a lot more flexibility in taking the thing places, which might be nice from time to time.

It also dawned on me that this allows for defense in depth. So, since I'm not at all worried about looks, the primary concerns are great dust filtration and airflow. Most of the suggestions I've found searching around online are 2-6 years old, so I'm wondering what the best options are at current for cases that either allow for easy modification to add easily maintained (and good efficiency) filters for intakes, or have that capability built in. It's pretty dusty here, and my last PC with a cheapo filter element needed the element cleaned every week or two and had bad dust buildup after a year or so, so I'm hoping that between the desk and the case I can cut that down significantly.

Price isn't a big concern unless it's absurd (1K for a case isn't worth it, obviously), aesthetics are a total non-issue since it's going to be out of sight. I'd be building the desk to fit it, so a full size tower is fine. It'll be housing a beast of a machine, so full-size graphics cards and eATX are expected. Probably M.2 & SSDs, no need for an optical drive, so big drive bays aren't a concern. Preferably not more than 20" deep, but there's a bit of wiggle room -- a desk just gets kinda painful after 24" of depth.

Suggestions?
 
Back
Top