• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Best CRT?

ec_hern

Weaksauce
Joined
Jan 30, 2004
Messages
107
I'm in the market for a new CRT. I have tons of desk space and I don't like LCD's. I'm one of those people that can notice ghosting, and I hate it. With LCD's being so pupular I haven't been able to find any good recent reviews of new CRT's. Does anyone have any recommendations. I'm looking for a 19inch just because they are dirt cheap, and I know once LCD's get a little bit better, I'll buy one in a second, so I need something really good to hold me over till then.
 
I myself got a 22"iiyama vision master pro 514, it is rock stable. :D
I can only recomend it.

I use it for TV, DVD and gaming.....
I know it is more expensive but you wont be disappointed....
 
ec_hern said:
I'm in the market for a new CRT. I have tons of desk space and I don't like LCD's. I'm one of those people that can notice ghosting, and I hate it. With LCD's being so pupular I haven't been able to find any good recent reviews of new CRT's. Does anyone have any recommendations. I'm looking for a 19inch just because they are dirt cheap, and I know once LCD's get a little bit better, I'll buy one in a second, so I need something really good to hold me over till then.

Viewsonic A90f+ is nice. Or for a little more you can get the P95f+B and get a higher refresh rate at 1600x1200.
 
I don't think its the best 19" CRT out there, but I love my 997 DF :D Colors are smooth, everything's crisp, and you only really notice the aperature grill if you look for it on a solid background 6 inches from the screen, so you won't notice it at all in games.
Resolutions & refresh rates are superb, I don't like text @ 1600x1200, so I keep things at 1280x960, but games look phenomenal @ 1600x1200, I can't say enough :D
Its around $200, unless you get free shipping (unlikely for a 50 pound box), you should try and buy whatever monitor you choose at a b&m place, to avoid $30+ shipping charges.
 
ikellensbro said:
I don't think its the best 19" CRT out there, but I love my 997 DF :D Colors are smooth, everything's crisp, and you only really notice the aperature grill if you look for it on a solid background 6 inches from the screen, so you won't notice it at all in games.
Resolutions & refresh rates are superb, I don't like text @ 1600x1200, so I keep things at 1280x960, but games look phenomenal @ 1600x1200, I can't say enough :D
Its around $200, unless you get free shipping (unlikely for a 50 pound box), you should try and buy whatever monitor you choose at a b&m place, to avoid $30+ shipping charges.


WTF are you talking about, No samsung monitor is appature grille they are all shadow mask and a poor one if that. Appature grille can only be used by Sony or Nec/Mitsubishi as they are the only patent holders. It even says on any sites that you go to the 997 df is a .20 pitch shadow mask monitor



Best Crts

19" Mitsubishi 930sb
21" Sony GDM-C520K
22" Mitsubishi 2070sb


There is nothing better than these select 3 monitors


If you wnat the ebst at a great price, try http://www.nm-select.com/ They are refurbs but are awsome from what i am told also azatek.com
 
If you don't mind refurbished monitors get the 21" Dell P1130. It is the same monitor as the Sony GDM-G520P. The picture quality is simply amazing and they can had for pretty cheap on eBay. I got two for $506 CAD which works out to $211 US a piece including shipping, tax and a 3 year warranty. However, the only draw back is that the later ones are manufactured in Mexico. I was lucky and got a Japanese one. On the back of mine it says that its manufactured in Japan in a Sony factory. Oh not to mention it does 1600x1200@100Hz and 1920x1440x85Hz and displays text and graphics beautifully at these resolutions. (The DVI-VGA adapter that shipped with my MSI Radeon 9800 Pro is flaky above 1600x1200 otherwise1920x1440 would be my native resolution.)
 
I personally think 19" is the best size for a monitor and I'd have to recommend Samsung Syncmasters. They have .20 dot pitch! My 950P is still going strong after 6 years of use. The viewsonic I owned before it died in about 1 1/2 years...
 
I'm in the market for a new monitor, id prefer a 19" under $300...was looking at the viewsonic p95f+b but have heard it has problems with geometry. Right now im on a no-name 17" which does 1280x1024@60hz, and is failing anyway (needs to 'boot up', have to wait a minute or so for it to flicker into view) my 6800gt is wasted on 1024x768. any suggestions/comments appreciated!
 
Back
Top