Best CRT

Both of them are discontinued:

1. Sony FW900 - 24" Widescreen Trinitron Flat CRT

2. Mitsubishi Diamond Pro 2070SB 22" 4:3 Aspect Flat CRT / NEC MultiSync FP2141SB 22" CRT

The Mitsu and NEC are the same moniter.

Fyi, I sold my FW900 to get the Mitsu as the Mitsu's have better picture quality and superbrite modes.
 
The top 3 CRTs have been listed above :)

I have access to 2 out of the 3. My roommate has the Mitsubishi monitor, while I use the FW900.

I can attest the Mitsubishi monitor has better image quality and the superbright mode is really nice. However personally I feel the 16:10 of the FW900 outweighs the better image quality (not very signicant). I only feel that way because I'm a widescreen person :)

You can't go wrong with either one though.
 
FW900 hands down , My previous 21" Sony G520P had superbrite modes (known as Dynamic mode on Sony branded monitors) ,this is the one feature I miss on the FW900 but otherwise picture quality was no better on the G520P. I havent seen any CRT capable of displaying 1920x1200 nearly as crisp as my FW900.
 
Molingrad said:
http://www.sonystyle.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/eCS/Store/en/-/USD/SY_DisplayProductInformation-Start?CategoryName=tv_34%22to36%22TVs&ProductSKU=KD34XBR970&INT=sstyle-tv_Tube-catpfeature-KD34XBR970]Sony 34" Trinitron WEGA XBR HDTV[/URL] KD-34XBR970

I have the non-WEGA/XBR version of that and am extremily happy, this one got the highest ratings at CNET

** never mind i thought you meant TV..... :rolleyes:

Actually the XBR960 is superior to the XBR970 but this is also reflected in the price (XBR960 = $1899 / XBR970 $1100) , The 970 model is lacking the 960's "Super Fine Pitch" CRT which makes 1080i material look more detailed & sharp, CNET hasn't reviewed the 970 yet but here's the 960 review
 
thats actually the one i meant, i just went to sonys website and the one i posted is the only one i saw
 
Back
Top