• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Best CPUs for $1,600

plext0r

[H]ard DCOTM x3
Joined
Dec 1, 2009
Messages
780
If I had $1,600 to spend on two E5-2640's or four AMD 6176's, which would you recommend? Or is $1,600 too much to spend on either set of CPUs? Should I be looking for better deals?

Thanks for any tips.
 
Will you be doing anything else besides Folding and such?
 
The idea was to create a dedicated 24x7 rig. Not too concerned about power usage. Mainly interested in really good TPF and/or PPD. I've read all the threads about running custom BIOS on the SuperMicro boards for AMD 61xx. Not sure which dual LGA 2011 is best for folding, but I imagine it's the Tyan board.

Thanks.
 
You'd get better production for folding out of the G34 chips.
 
I have a set of 6166HE that can be OCed to just about the same specs as 6174 for about half the cost. PM if interested.
 
Back
Top