Best CPU Heatsink/Fan Combo?

I am trying to figure out which company is regarded the best in the industry for making CPU Heatsink/Fans - specifically for Intel LGA 775 CPUs.

Coolermaster looks like they have a good one. What do you all think though?

Money is not an issue with this question. I want the best boutique heatsink / fan combo out there.

Also, is it recommended that you buy Thermal Paste from a seperate company rather than using the paste included with the Heatsink/fan combo?

I like Coolermaster products, but I have to say that I am not impressed with their heatsinks and fans. Currently I am looking at the XP120 and the Swiftec MCX775 (whatever that model is).

Thermaltake Slient 775: Very cost-effective, easy to install and quiet(a 21db fan) . Cools a little better than MCX775 and almost as well as XP-120 which needs a fan and an adaptor(for 775) on top of it.

I have a 3.6 @ 4.1 Prescott and I just switched out the stock Heatsink with a Gigabyte 3D Rocket Cooler-Pro. A very Big difference in the temps. The stock Fan/Heatsink would run in the high 60c and that's not even overclocked! With the Rocket Cooler I haven't seen it go over 50c overclocked @ 4.1. But when you install it you do have to take the MoBo out to put in the support bracket for the 775, kind of a pain if you already have your PC put together, but still worth it!

Gigabyte 3D Rocket Cooler-Pro PCU22-VG

ok, "best" is well, in the eye of the heatsink owner - but I think you should look hard at the Thermalrights. Some like Zalman (and they seem to be very quiet.)
Coolermaster was better back in the day - but their newer heatpipe stuff I have no clue about.
IF you want a set up that cools great and can be quiet my suggestion is look at coolers that have 92-120mm fan capability.
I would look hard at the thermalright XP120 - as it is a monster cooler but will allow you to put a less noisy 120mm fan on it...and according to their website it is LGA775 compatible.

XP120 and a Panaflo. Friend of mine has a 1.8ghz P4-M Running at 3.3 with it.

Yea, if you can fit it go with an XP-120. If not an XP-90. As far as fans, if you can handle the noise a tornado will give you best performance. If you want a good balance of cooling and noise, look into Panaflos.

thermaltake xp-120 with:

vantec stealth 120mm = quiet, and still pretty good cooling
panaflo = reccomended by thermalright, and is very good oc, and average noise
delta/vantec vortex = a bit more oc, but very very loud

i am personally going to get a vantec stealth for my 4000

f

The Swiftech MCX775-V is pretty good, especially with a Vantec Tornado on top of it. But that setup is far from quiet.

id agree with n64man, and xp120 is great, add a delta 120 "vacuum" onto it and lay down some as5 and youll be set with good temps and some mosfet cooling too. :D

Back