• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

best core2 on a budget?

Joined
Feb 6, 2008
Messages
789
im looking to make a budget build for a friend and its coming out of my pocket, so im looking for the best budget core2. any suggestions?
 
You probably have to post your budget in order to get any suggestions, and AMD would probably be better for a budget build.
 
You probably have to post your budget in order to get any suggestions, and AMD would probably be better for a budget build.

so unless i can get a motherboard, and cpu for cheaper than the core2, the core2 route would be better. im open minded for all suggestions. my budget is around $160-$180 for a mobo and ram
 
so unless i can get a motherboard, and cpu for cheaper than the core2, the core2 route would be better. im open minded for all suggestions. my budget is around $160-$180 for a mobo and ram

So you already have a mobo but your budget is 160-180 for mobo and ram? wat?
 
So you already have a mobo but your budget is 160-180 for mobo and ram? wat?

unless i can get a motherboard AND cpu (on the AMD side) for cheaper than the Core2 CPU alone, i would be better off with the core 2. I've already got a spare asus p5nd. oh, to the other guys post, that was a pentium, not a core2, unless intel is confusing me, which is possible. my budget is for a cpu and ram on the intel side, or a motherboard, cpu, and ram on the amd side.
 
unless i can get a motherboard AND cpu (on the AMD side) for cheaper than the Core2 CPU alone, i would be better off with the core 2. I've already got a spare asus p5nd. oh, to the other guys post, that was a pentium, not a core2. my budget is for a cpu and ram on the intel side, or a motherboard, cpu, and ram on the amd side.

You can and you're not making a lot of sense.
 
unless i can get a motherboard AND cpu (on the AMD side) for cheaper than the Core2 CPU alone, i would be better off with the core 2. I've already got a spare asus p5nd. oh, to the other guys post, that was a pentium, not a core2, unless intel is confusing me, which is possible. my budget is for a cpu and ram on the intel side, or a motherboard, cpu, and ram on the amd side.

Go to the General Hardware section, make a new thread, and answer every question in this thread I'm linking you to.
http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1349433
 
its just a naming scheme dont let the name fool you its a genuine core2 and its 45nm. itl perform just as good as those old core2's without the pentium name tagged on them.
 
troisanh has a better combo listed --- look at that over the ECS motherboard, Asus is much better --- though the RAM is more of a preferance for you.
 
since its not for me and its more than adequate for my friends needs. much appreciated, i hadnt realized even intel celerons are kicking ass now lol.

Well good luck on your new purchase.. I think you will be impressed (especially for basically $50 dollars)! I have it running wayyyyy cool on my HTPC / Windows 7 x64 rig!

Now, I cant vouch for the board because I haven't ever used one, but I remember Directron running an ad for this processor and a G31 motherboard combo for like $92. I found the ad and even though it said it was on sale in mid december, I put it in my cart and the same price still rings up.. So if you are looking for a combo deal, it doesnt hurt to look here: http://www.directron.com/holidaycombo4.html

(Again, I don't know anything about that board, but if anyone else has any experience with it, feel free to chime in).
 
Last edited:
Back
Top