Best Cooling Zalman or Thermalright

fiberoptik

Limp Gawd
I have an MSI K8N Neo 4 Sli Plat and I need something better than stock cooling. I can use the Xp-120 but I will lose access to my first dimm slot with that installed.. Not a huge sacrafice because I can always put the sticks in banks 3 and 4. Or I can get the Zalman or XP-90 and lose no dimm slots. How much of a difference is thier between all these sinks? is the 120 so damn [H]ard that its worth giving up a Dimm slot?

Ill also need to pick up some thermal paste. Whos top dog now? Artic Silver 5 still? Will that be safe on my gpu as well (I have the N5 Silencer on its way)

this really should have going in oc'ing and cooling, but it's ok.

as for the 1st dimm with the xp-120, i think you can still fit ram in there, but can't get it in and out. i say go for the xp-120 if you're willing to pay for it :D
that said, the xp-90 is still a fine choice, and won't be too much warmer.

XP 120 only 40 bux at xoxide.. One more question though... XP-120 or do I cxough up another 50 and get Thermaltakes Big water cooling system with VGA block?

Going from XP-90 to XP-120 is only small diff, but XP-90 should fit on EVERYTHING and not block anything. You can even fit a 120mm fan on a XP-90 without much trouble.

that big zalman is no slouch either, also stay away from the Thermaltake BigWater, you will be very dissapointed if you get it.

Back