Best Cooling for A64 Oc'ing

CodeWaste

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Jun 2, 2004
Messages
1,025
I bought a MSI K8T NEO-FIS2R. Im planning on getting an athlon 64 3200+ clawhammer with the 1mb cache. I do plan to overclock it. What is the best air solution for this application? Im not looking for the best value, Im looking for the best one.

I know that thermaltake and thermal right are brands that get thrown around alot, but i see a ton more of them on frozencpu.com. which one is the best?
 
If you want the absolute best, and noise and cost aren't obstacles, then I would suggest a Thermalright SP-97 with a high-powered fan, like the Tornado. It's loud, but it is a monster at cooling. You could always go with a larger, slower fan to cut the noise.

And AS5, of course.
 
The Swiftech might work as well if not better. I'm not sure if the Thermalright you linked to is Aluminum or not...copper is better, but you know that. I guess having 5 heatpipes makes up for that. Ultimately it's up to you, since at this level one cooler isn't terribly different from another in capability.
 
Rich9710 said:
If you want the absolute best, and noise and cost aren't obstacles, then I would suggest a Thermalright SP-97 with a high-powered fan, like the Tornado. It's loud, but it is a monster at cooling. You could always go with a larger, slower fan to cut the noise.

And AS5, of course.
The SP-97 only works on socket 462.
 
Rich9710 said:
The Swiftech might work as well if not better. I'm not sure if the Thermalright you linked to is Aluminum or not...copper is better, but you know that. I guess having 5 heatpipes makes up for that. Ultimately it's up to you, since at this level one cooler isn't terribly different from another in capability.

Its mostly aluminum. the pipes are nickle plated copper. that how it acheives the weight of only 320 grams.

does any one know how heavy the swiftech I posted weighs?
 
Back
Top