Best cooler for FX-55?

defwhig

n00b
Hi guys,

What would you guys recommend as the best cooler for an FX-55 (other than stock)?

I was looking at getting a Thermalright XP-90 Copper..

If I go with that one, what fan should I go with? Or would it really matter?

Thanks. :D

Well, the XP90C brought the temps on my 130nm clawhammer (similar core to FX55, but no strained silicon) down by about 10C over the zalman CNPS7000. The XP90C is, simply, amazing.

The XP-120 does a really good job as well...I have alot of faith in Thermalright after getting the XP-120. But I'd definately like to give an XP-90C a test run. :)

defwhig said:
Wow! :eek:

4600 RPM, 65.0 dBA

Is that thing loud, or what. hehe

Well, you could use it to push your case off the ground if its directed downwards. I wonder if a whole matrix of like 10x10 could really lift a case...

undoubtably, but that would be 20a of fan power. maybe you should make a hovercraft out of some lunch trays? :D

(cf)Eclipse said:
undoubtably, but that would be 20a of fan power. maybe you should make a hovercraft out of some lunch trays? :D

That would be awesome. Use a drive bay fan controller to steer it, hahaha.

One knob could reduce the speed of the left fans to turn left, etc.

:D :D :D

i need to build my own case with a bunch of those in it. and passively cool everything ;)

robberbaron said:
65 dBA is a loud argument! It's like on-the-verge-of-divorce parents right inside your case!
no barron, i dont think anything can quite match that. at least i know back in those days nothing could match it. they put out some hell of a noise. (not referring to the fan lol)

Back