• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Best co-op/ team based games (fps)

Glow

Supreme [H]ardness
Joined
Jul 20, 2002
Messages
4,834
Bf2 is alright been playing CS for long time but I'm looking for something good. Real team oriented and competative. Even leages I guess. I'm not talking like DOD or anything but something else good. Quake wars maybe potential? I dunno I'm looking for TFC2 what would you guys reccomend?
 
Bf2 is alright been playing CS for long time but I'm looking for something good. Real team oriented and competative. Even leages I guess. I'm not talking like DOD or anything but something else good. Quake wars maybe potential? I dunno I'm looking for TFC2 what would you guys reccomend?

Why not DoD:S???? If a league, it can't get more teamoriented than that really. Ever played against a good organzied Clan? Holy Moly, they mow you over with a 100mph steamroller.
 
Try the Insurgency mod for Source. I think that game heavily relies on teamwork to get the job done.
 
Try the Insurgency mod for Source. I think that game heavily relies on teamwork to get the job done.

I have, the game is gritty and pisses me off. I'm not a big fan of aim up with metal sights and an AK that kicks back hardger than a bazooka lol
 
I have, the game is gritty and pisses me off. I'm not a big fan of aim up with metal sights and an AK that kicks back hardger than a bazooka lol

Did you switch the AK to single shot? Theres hardly any recoil when you're at least crouching and zoomed in :confused:
 
Day of Defeat is WAY more team-oriented than CS:S.

As for co-op, nothing beats Halo 1/2.
 
UHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I'm guessing you have never played in a scrim 1.6 or source. :rolleyes:

I've played both. One good player in CS can win a round and make a significant impact. Not so in DoD. You need a full team effort.
 
If the OP is only talking about Source, then certainly 1.6 (as well as an IRC client to get scrims going). Amazing game for competition, but it definitely takes quite a time investment to get good as a clan.

I remember when I was heavy into CS....never went on public servers for years, only scrims.
 
Doom 3 with the Open Coop mod is amazing and near flawless. I've played through the game countless times with 3 or 4 friends at a time. They're working on a mod for Quake 4 too :eek:

link: http://www.d3opencoop.com/
 
Why not DoD:S???? If a league, it can't get more teamoriented than that really. Ever played against a good organzied Clan? Holy Moly, they mow you over with a 100mph steamroller.

He's right. In league play each team is granted one 'steamroller driver' class.
 
there's AAO too, i always thought that was a good team player game.

Insurgency mod for HL2 is in the same league as this, simply because it's 1 hit kill with most guns, so team efforts are required to take positions and move up, otherwise it's a fairly standard TDM game.
 
anyone here play DoD before and including 1.3b?

Yeah. I actually thought about remaking dod_hill for source, but it was just going to take too much time. maybe someones done it already. the original caen map is still my favorite dod map though.
 
My favorite was always Tribes. I loved playing Tribes:Vengeance but then they stopped supporting updates and it lost its popularity real quick. I really wish a new one would come out.
 
Well, you're looking for team-oriented games, but the problem is, you need to first find a good group of individuals with which to play. If you already have a group of friends to play with, then there are some options. If not, then, especially for competitive, you'd need to find a clan to get involved with, which is difficult these days.

I used to really enjoy online MP when with a good group of adults/mature individuals who were into serious teamwork, but the whole "clan mentality" seems to have really died-off over the years, for the most part.

Probably due more to "sociological issues", than due to the games themselves, though we could use some more good online MP games.

Even as a hardcore FPS fan for countless years, I could never get into CS, though there's still a lot of "clans" involved with it, apparently.

The Battlefield series (1942 & BF2) was a blast with a couple of different adult clans I was involved with, but they always seem to fall apart. Honestly, if you're not involved in a clan with the way certain BF2 servers are run these days, you might not find it that enjoyable. A lot of servers "forcing" certain things at the risk of getting booted, like working in squads. Which is great, because that's what you're looking for, but the problem is, people who work in squads don't know one another, and generally never really work as a squad.

A lot of the younger generation on BF2, especially, which doesn't help, due to their maturity level.

There have been a lot of FPS titles in which many clans were involved, but it seems difficult to find anymore these days.

I've actually been looking for any adult clans/groups of people for some upcoming titles that seem like they'll have excellent MP, like UT3 (obviously) and CoD4 (I wont touch ET:QW), but alas, have not really run across anyone.

I enjoy playing solo, but it's a hell of a lot more fun sometimes to be involved with a good group of individuals for some serious team play.

Anyway, these guys gave some good suggestions, and there's upcoming titles that will offer the opportunity, but you have to find the right people with whom to play, otherwise it can at times be difficult to get a group of strangers together to really work as a team.
 
Ghost Recon and Raven Shield are both excellent team based co-op games. The former for large, open environments and the latter for CQB.
 
Arma is by far the best co-op online mp game I've ever played. People actually work as teams if you look for a good server.
 
The Project Reality mod for BF2.

I can't even play regular BF2 anyone, it is dead to me. Project Reality basically requires everyone to work in squads and follow the chain of command. Most people who play know this going in and therefore are ready for it. It also helps if you are, or have, a good squad leader and are able to take control of the situation and manage your squad. The BF2 VOIP system is used almost exclusively. Also, Project Reality forces you to play a lot more tactically, due to increased spawn times, bleed damage, and so on. The thing that really sells me is that nothing is nerfed. If you get a M249 SAW, it works like a SAW should, and you will decimate uncovered enemy forces.
 
Another vote for ArmA. The co-op maps are great (even the team capture and hold maps work pretty well). Probably the most fun I have had playing an FPS. I used to play BF2 but ArmA is much better IMO.

I typically play on the BDA public server (seems to have the most players and lowest pings when I play, and the admins typically do a good job keeping the trouble makers away)
 
Back
Top