• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Best Closed Headphones?

Incinerator

Limp Gawd
Joined
Aug 31, 2005
Messages
252
Hey guys I was just wondering what you guys would say were the best closed headphones in the $75-$100 price range.

thanks
 
sennheiser hd212 pros
you can buy them for $45 at JR.com
I love mine.
 
Sony XD-400, Audio-technica ATH-A500, Sony V6 ( not v600), Sennheiser HD201's.
 
I love my Sennheiser HD-280 Pros. I paid in late '04, you can find them for less now. They're very clear, but they lack some bass - until the frequencies get really low, and then the bass will seriously rattle your brain. I modded mine with some blue tak and it seemed to bring some bass out, although I'll need to A/B then with some unmodded 280s to really conclude that. They isolate like mad, by the way.

If I were going to buy a $100 closed headphone right now, though, I would seriously look into the Audio-Technica A500... haven't heard them but the general consensus is that they are badass, especially for gaming.
 
Out of curiosity - any particular reason you are looking at 'closed' headphones? It was what I had started looking at, under the impression the isolation made them "better", but, in practice, for a given price point, 'open' headphones sound a LOT better than 'closed' sets.
 
Back
Top