Best Cheap Proc (LGA 775) for Resale?

Pegleg Joe

Weaksauce
I'm currently amassing the parts for a new system and want to wait for the Q9450. However, I'd like to put everything together and have a working system until then, so does anyone have a recommendation for a cheap LGA 775 processor that has any chance of resale here or on ebay? If not I might just go with the cheapest one newegg has (Intel Celeron 420 at $44). Any input appreciated.

I'm currently amassing the parts for a new system and want to wait for the Q9450. However, I'd like to put everything together and have a working system until then, so does anyone have a recommendation for a cheap LGA 775 processor that has any chance of resale here or on ebay? If not I might just go with the cheapest one newegg has (Intel Celeron 420 at $44). Any input appreciated.

If ya got a few extra bucks, I'm getting a E2160. Should OC to 3ghz easy.
Then when your done with it cram it in a cheep mobo and let it fold, or sell it to me and I'll put it to work :cool:
Fold On!

I do not know if this helps... but as per the Hotdeals thread http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1270479 by gramarye there are some great deals at Fry's instore. Not sure if you have a Fry's around you but I got an e6600 for $75 tonight. If you have a Fry's in your area I would definately call them. They have the e6300, e6600, and the e6700 all on clearance.

Wow you guys are fast. Unfortunately I'm in MI so I don't have a fry's. Kendrak if you're serious I'll get the E2160 and sell it to you when the Q9450 comes out for an obvious discount (probably whatever you think is fair). If not, is that probably the one with the best resale?

Wow you guys are fast. Unfortunately I'm in MI so I don't have a fry's. Kendrak if you're serious I'll get the E2160 and sell it to you when the Q9450 comes out for an obvious discount (probably whatever you think is fair). If not, is that probably the one with the best resale?

This thread: http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1270014
shows what I'm trying to do. (my posts are a bit later in the thread)

It be nice to have a twin for it :D (I'll take a first dibbs position, most of the guys in the [H]ord will scoop that up if I don't)

Make sure you fold on that beasty when you get it. (the E2160 will put some nice points out too in the mean time.)

Sounds awesome Kendrak. Thanks so much. I'll PM you after I get my Q9450 to give you first dibs. At that time just tell me what you think is fair, and maybe a little discounted as I'd love to support the folding cause, and I'll send it along. Also I won't OC it or anything, as I'm a first time builder, so it should be in good shape. Cheers.

Back