Best cheap case?

What type of case are you looking for?
Are we talking microatx, atx, power supply, fancy lights, side window?
What are you looking to put into it?

At that price range, i would honestly just check some computer sites cases selection and filter the results bellow your price range. Once you have a case picked out that works for what you want past it here so that people can make sure its good. At that price your choices will all be about the same, it isn't until you get up to the $100ish that things really start mattering...

Good luck,

Coolermaster Centurion 5. Actually used it for my mother's build, and she loves it. It's about $50 USD shipped, no clue what it would be for you locally.

I just picked up an antec 300, $39.99 at frys. Really nice case, especially for the price.

I got this for my parents. It sucks but with the Gigabyte Mobo, Athlon II x4 620, 250gb Hard drive, lite on dvd drive, and that case and power supply i was in less than 200.

I got this for my parents. It sucks but with the Gigabyte Mobo, Athlon II x4 620, 250gb Hard drive, lite on dvd drive, and that case and power supply i was in less than 200.

I have one of those. It works good for a basic basic system. :)

This is the case I just bought for a build that I am doing for my wife. She wanted something pretty.

Cooler Master or even cheap ThermalTake.. when you can get them cheap..

Normally when i think cases for "parents" i do not think of led fans, and side windows.

Do your parents fancy something that looks like a spaceship or a computer case?

GMC toast is a decent case and a tiny footprint.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811110001

bwhaha

I used this as a case for a media center-ish computer. Its the only case I could find that fit the 260 and looked at home with other home theater equipment (layed on its side), that didnt cost an arm and a leg. The lighted area where the CD drives slides out got some ooooo's and ahhhh's.

Normally when i think cases for "parents" i do not think of led fans, and side windows.

There's a lot of parents on this forum with some pretty tricked out rigs. :)

My vote is for the Antec 300. Still the king of price/features/looks/potential ratio.

There's a lot of parents on this forum with some pretty tricked out rigs. :)

My vote is for the Antec 300. Still the king of price/features/looks/potential ratio.

not much going on in the wire management dept in that antec 300.

I bought an Antec 300 after finally replacing a super cheap case which was falling apart. A couple strips of velcro tape/cable ties solves most of the cable management issues with it.

Whenever i'm building something for a client, unless they specify a particular brand, I usually just look & see what's being offered with free/discounted shipping through Newegg & then choose from there.
:)

I personally go for buy.com free shipping coolermaster for about 40 or a used case from the forums, but this guy is in england so i dont think your guys suggestions are very helpful, anything coolermaster is decent budget case i look for 120mm front and back fans with a window but thats just me, Got a 690 coolermaster for 35 shipped month ago? Was a decent buy a little cramped but cant get anything for that really, i guess 50 pounds = 100 bucks? for that much id get a used stacker or something on ebay used (used cases are fine with me)

Back