Best Cheap 22" LCD HDTV

Klade

Limp Gawd
Hello,

I'm looking to pickup a cheap HDTV as my first entry into the market. I'm looking for something in the sub $400 range (preferably around $350). This will be my first HDTV and I'm getting it mostly so I don't have to haul my 27" tube tv around. I'm also only going to be a max of 7' away from the TV at any one time and migt be as close as 3' since its going right near my desk. So I don't want or need anything too big. 19" seems too small but 22" sounds about right. I'm going to be using it to play console games from my wii and 360, also watch dvds and cable.

Also it needs to come from a brick and mortar store (yea I know).

My research has showed me that all 22" hdtvs have a 16:10 aspect ratio despite whatever claims they make on the box. Some of them will however letterbox to give you a true 16:9 ratio. This is very important to me because I don't want my picture coming in distorted when watching DVDs or using digital cable. My problem is that other then the Samsung's (which universally seem out of my price range) I can't find any evidence that anyone else will letterbox a picture. So what I need to know is if anyone knows of a 22" sub $400 hdtv that will give me a true 16:9 ratio and also not be complete crap (ie it breaks or the sound isn't loud enough to output a mouse fart).

Thank you for any info in advance.

Well I got some help from elsewhere and I settled on the new Samsung T220HD which retails for $380 at costco. I think its the best one around for the money by a pretty wide margin.

Back