• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Best Case for custom WC set up?

BLiTzKRiEG

Limp Gawd
Joined
Apr 22, 2005
Messages
295
I am looking for a decent case for setting up a new WC computer... I have been browsing around and was just wondering what you all thought...

I am looking for something possibly with 120mm fans as opposed to 80mm fans (more airflow with less noise).

Suggestions?
 
Well I have a Antec PlusView case, and Chieftec dragon. They have tons of room to mount internally, and are steel and sturdy. You can find them for cheap too.
But I also have the Apex kit in my Super Lanboy which I love however it is the thinnest lightest thing ever! Cant be rough with that one like the others ;)

But there are a TON of good cases out there, you just have to figure out what you like. And talk it over with the wallet :p

But of course the CM, and Lian Li fannys will be here soon

Pics incase you want to see:
pict0099.jpg

PICT0093.jpg
 
Gigabyte 3D Aurora, or the Classic CM Stacker (I personally dont like the new one, you might though).
 
lian-li v1000 (or vXXXX series in general)... imo. but that's a hugely biased opinion. ;) but for reals, the perferated casing allows the whole thing to breath so well, it's really nice..
 
revenant said:
lian-li v1000 (or vXXXX series in general)... imo. but that's a hugely biased opinion. ;) but for reals, the perferated casing allows the whole thing to breath so well, it's really nice..

Id go with a v1200, thats my next case :D
 
:cool: :eek: That's my main rig.................. ;) The one I put the parts I really really like in for my own use................. :cool:
 
I have a Lian-Li PC75 B that has now housed the last three years of upgrades. Expensive investment, but definitely worth every penny I spent on it 3 years ago. Granted it does not have 120mm fans but you can easily Dremel that sucker to fit any need.
 
Ingonuts13 said:
I have a Lian-Li PC75 B that has now housed the last three years of upgrades. Expensive investment, but definitely worth every penny I spent on it 3 years ago. Granted it does not have 120mm fans but you can easily Dremel that sucker to fit any need.

I cut a double 120mm rad into the top of mine and added a single 120 to the bottom front as well. Lots of room for everything. I still wish I had it :( Now I have an AMS gTower full tower (it's only the size of a Chieftech), but easily fits rads on top and in the bottom front, as long as you don't mind cutting and will accept a 120mm rad on the rear 120mm exhaust w/out cutting. Cool Technica offers this case (medium and full) in their pre-ready WC'd case.
 
I had airflow problems when I waterecooled my Antec SLK-3700AMB. I had to add a couple "floating" fans (not pictured) to make sure the PSU didn't get too hot. My next case will probably be one made by SuperFlower. I really like the SF-561T and the
SF-201T
http://www.directron.com/casuperflower.html
Their cases seem to be pretty good quality and not too expensive. I'll most likely cut a couple holes at the top and mount a dual rad there to maintain good airflow through the case, but that won't be till the end of next year. Right now my rig looks like this.
water1.jpg

water2.jpg

water3.jpg
 
I am currently looking at the Antec SLK3000, since I can get that for cheap. I would probably mount the res on the top, i.e. outside of the case.
 
Short list:

UFO case
Lian-Li V-2xxx
Lian-Li PC-7x

Long list:

All others are problematic to one degree or another.
 
i've got a pile of stuff jammed into my lian li pc 60 including: lagua statuary #3 pump (pretty big) bix (took the hdd cage out and put it lying down) another heatercore at the top of my case (cut a hole out of the top of it and put mounting brackets for it inside the cdrom drive bays. and a resevoir hanging off the back.
 
Back
Top