• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Best case for $59 or lower

CR2500

Weaksauce
Joined
Apr 6, 2007
Messages
92
What would be the best ATX Mid-Tower for $59 or less? (after rebates if any)

1. It doesn't need to have a window.
2. It doesn't include a power supply.
3. It should be sturdy and durable.
4. Dark colors prefered.
5. Included fans are quiet.

Thanks.
 
I'd go with one of the Cooler Master Centurion's. They usually run about $50.
 
Centurion 534 has a 120 mm intake, plus room for a scythe kama bay if you only need 2 5.25" drive bays for your gear
 
Wow when I searched Newegg for the Centurion there are many many versions. Deciding between the 532 and 534.
 
Very easy, and its not a Cooler Master either.

The Rosewill R6AS5 is actually a very good case for the money. It includes a 120mm exhaust, easily accepts a 120mm intake, the ugly (and useless) duct can be removed easily as well and a fan attached if you so desire. It has plenty of room inside to work with and building a rig is quick and simple. I've now built 20 computers using this case and variants of it, I'm rather impressed by it. Plus it is actually rather nice looking, not the best paint job but it is solid and stylish with a clean look that doesn't scream "I buy pre-mods!"
 
Cent 532 from that list. The included CM fans are quiet but grab some yate loons from jabtech if you want quieter. I hate doors but the price on that mystique @30 AR could be the selling point for you. 120mm for front and back is why I say these 2 cases. The front mesh on 532 tends to collect dust but not a big deal.
 
If you're an 8 year old boy, that red Eagle tech one might be perfect
I just put it there because its "Free" :p
Cent 532 from that list. The included CM fans are quiet but grab some yate loons from jabtech if you want quieter. I hate doors but the price on that mystique @30 AR could be the selling point for you. 120mm for front and back is why I say these 2 cases. The front mesh on 532 tends to collect dust but not a big deal.
So Yate Loons aren't just cheap, they're also quiet? Also it is a good thing the mesh (filters) collects dust because I would rather have it that way than end up clogging the case.
 
If you're an 8 year old boy, that red Eagle tech one might be perfect

That made me laugh right out loud. Good job buddy :D

I just put it there because its "Free" :p

So Yate Loons aren't just cheap, they're also quiet? Also it is a good thing the mesh (filters) collects dust because I would rather have it that way than end up clogging the case.

Yeah, yates are very silent for thier CFM rating.
 
Way I see it my next box is $15-20 and the best part is you can mod it to how you want it cuz for $15 who the hell cares what you do to it
 
Very easy, and its not a Cooler Master either.

The Rosewill R6AS5 is actually a very good case for the money. It includes a 120mm exhaust, easily accepts a 120mm intake, the ugly (and useless) duct can be removed easily as well and a fan attached if you so desire. It has plenty of room inside to work with and building a rig is quick and simple. I've now built 20 computers using this case and variants of it, I'm rather impressed by it. Plus it is actually rather nice looking, not the best paint job but it is solid and stylish with a clean look that doesn't scream "I buy pre-mods!"

The Rosewill cases are a bit weak in my opinion. The side panels tend to flex a lot and never seem to just want to fit right the first time you reattach them. For a budget case though, that's not going to be heavily modded, it's got everything you really need. Disassembly is very simple as the entire faceplate comes right off with no wires attached. I've got 2 120's and 2 80's in mine along with my arctic freezer 64 (takes up a lot of space) and the airflow is great. Just be wary of those side panels.
 
I read that the orange yates are quieter somewhere so if that is not true someone else chime in. They are very quiet, I have 3 and barely hear them. The mesh is not a filter but it does stop a fair bit of dust while sucking a ton of air through the mesh. I get less dust in this case over a month than my old generic beige box.
 
The orange and black ones are the same as long as they are 1350 RPM. The 1650 RPM version is the one that makes vibrations and more noise.
 
Back
Top