Best Card to Max out World of Warcraft for less than 100

I had the XXX version of that XFX 7600GT before my 8800GTS. It could max out WoW at up to 1280x1024 - nice card.

Keep in mind that your WoW FPS can be very CPU limited in large player situations, make sure the processor is up to it or you will just bottleneck the card. That said you don't need much to unlock WoW. A nice Pentium D or X2 would do fine without costing much at all.

My MSI 7300 LE max's out WoW @ 1680x1050.
Maybe once or twice it will freeze, and then picks up agian.
Group Quests, like Dunegon quests, those can slow it down, but not enough to really matter.
(All this time I thought it was lag however now I am in the more know of this stuff, seems like my GFX card, i'll know soon enough once I get a 7900)

apparently everyone has a different opinion of 'maxing out wow'.

with my 8800 and forced 16xAA + 16xAF settings @ 1680x1050 my frame rate will drop to 45 in certain areas.

:D

cpu is definitely important too, at brewfest with about 200 people hanging around, my frame rate dropped to around 20-25 at times with my e4300.

i have some 7600gt's that i'll be using in another build and would definitely recommend them for use with wow... beware the next graphical update, however.

Im using an x800xl and I have everything maxed except the multisample because it causes problems in windowed mode. I run at 1920x1080 I average about 35fps. I turn off death effect because I don't like how it looks and because it causes fps to drop like no other but thats only when you die.

I don't think FPS matters too much as long as you aren't lagging. I max my WoW out with x1800xt and get around 50-60 FPS, but I don't lag at all, so who cares...

You can get an 8600GT OC from newegg for $90 after rebates I think. It ran COD4 for me on medium at 1280 x 1024 and 70FPS on average.

I had the XXX version of that XFX 7600GT before my 8800GTS. It could max out WoW at up to 1280x1024 - nice card.

Keep in mind that your WoW FPS can be very CPU limited in large player situations, make sure the processor is up to it or you will just bottleneck the card. That said you don't need much to unlock WoW. A nice Pentium D or X2 would do fine without costing much at all.

Exactly what he said. Your CPU is VERY important. I found that this game performed nearly the same on the settings i used on my 7800gt vs my 8800gt. My cpu upgrade made the most difference.

My friends cpu is veeerry crappy its 800mGhz but the reason why im asking this is because hes thinking about upgrading his whole system, but hes thinking if he just gets a decent 70 dollar card will it be able to play pretty welll with some good eye candy ?

CPU first, graphics card second when it comes to WoW. The latest patch allows the game to utilize both cores on dual-core processors, and I've noticed a big difference in smoothness in gameplay.

Well, then we have different issues all together... If his CPU is only 800 Mhz, then his board likely doesn't even support PCI-Express, let alone AGP 8x...

New system all the way... :rolleyes:

Well, then we have different issues all together... If his CPU is only 800 Mhz, then his board likely doesn't even support PCI-Express, let alone AGP 8x...

New system all the way... :rolleyes:

Yes a new system is best.

CPU first, graphics card second when it comes to WoW. The latest patch allows the game to utilize both cores on dual-core processors, and I've noticed a big difference in smoothness in gameplay.

I would put ram before cpu or graphics, wow uses 700mb+ sometimes, and I would put graphics card if you run a high resolution before cpu.

Back