"Best card for x system" - Stop posting these thread please.

CleanSlate

Supreme [H]ardness
These posts are annoying as you should know the answer to this question, it's only logical: The best card for any system is the best card out. Just because your cpu/ram will be bottlenecking the gfx card to hell and back doesn't mean you have to buy a video card that sucks for a sucky system.

It is in fact best to buy high-middle end (if you can't afford high end) if you can so the longevity of your investment in the card will extend past that system and perhaps into your next system.

~Adam

CleanSlate said:
These posts are annoying as you should know the answer to this question, it's only logical: The best card for any system is the best card out. Just because your cpu/ram will be bottlenecking the gfx card to hell and back doesn't mean you have to buy a video card that sucks for a sucky system.

It is in fact best to buy high-middle end (if you can't afford high end) if you can so the longevity of your investment in the card will extend past that system and perhaps into your next system.

~Adam

They can be annoying but you really don't break it down very well. "The best card out", well that is open for debate between the x800 XT PE and 6800 Ultra, people may want to know which will run what games better. For the high-middle end as you say, there are a slew of options depneding on your budget, and the most expensive you can afford is not always the best. (ie a 9800 XT is more $$ than a 6800nu but is clearly not as good).

Ok, lets be more specific so they can sticky the thread and we can be done with it:

$500 budget - 6800Ultra or X800 XT PE - 6800 better for OpenGL(Doom); X800 better for DX

$350-400 budget - 6800 GT (period) - X800 Pro is inferior unless you can open pipes

$250-300 budget - 6800 vanilla - PLUS you got 50/50 chance to open pipes with SOFT mod (reversable if it doesnt work)

$150-200 budget: AGP - 9800 Pro $200, AGP - 5900XT $175
PCIe - toss up between 6600GT and X700 Pro/XT

$100-150 - 9600XT, used 5900XT, maybe 5700U, bunch of half-ass cards in this area... generally sucky

<$100 - these cards suck!! it doesnt really matter, but for the price I would probably buy a used ti4200 before any of the new "DX9" cards that cant even play a DX9 game at more than a slideshow.

How's that to silence the dumb questions! :)

Oops, looks like I just broke that rule.

I think complaining about other peoples posts are ridiculous (hey look thats what I am doing now!) You don't have to read them.

I was under the impression that these forums were here to help people that have problems or questions. If someone only has a certain amount of money to spend they lileky want the best bang for the buck. Or don't want to spend $400 on a "The best card out" for a 1 Ghz machine if they can't utilize the full value of the card.

Also the "The best card out" is very subject to what program/game/whatever it will be used for the most.

I myself have asked what is the best card for X system before because I want peoples input on their personal findings, not what a review using high end hardware results in, because that is not what everyone runs so everyones experience will be different.

There are few dumb questions but plenty of honest and biased answers/opinions.

hahhahaha.....dumbasses.......these forums are help and discussion dont tell people not to post questions thats just fucking dumb

thevampirelord66 said:
hahhahaha.....dumbasses.......these forums are help and discussion dont tell people not to post questions thats just fucking dumb

This forum is for people to research and find answers on, not to ask stupid, illogical, obvious questions on.

~Adam

I'm thinking of building a new machine. What does everyone think is the best card for an amd64 system?

Thanks in advance,
MrDigital

whats the best card for my daughters mickey mouse rig?

mouse.jpg

DR_K13 said:
whats the best card for my daughters mickey mouse rig?

That's the coolest machine I've ever seen. I saw it at CompUSA the other day.

I'd totally recommend a pimpin' X800 XT PE for that beast.

-MrD

To make a thread about post you don't like is strange. Considering you yourself don't like these post, but then go post about them further wasting board space with trash you don't like is odd. It would be like you hating the Bears[NFL] but then going to their game buying a ticket.

You know, those types of threads are actually the most useful to a lot of people. Not everyone who comes here is an expert.

What card is best for...

Athlon 64 3000+
Asus K8V
1GB Corsair Value DDR400
Samsung 753DF 17" Flat CRT
Enermax 350w PSU

I'm guessing 6800GT? I currently have a 9500pro, and i'm not upgrading quite yet. I'm just wondering what you guys (and girls?) think.

it doesnt really matter , u get a gt , an ultra , an xt or a pro - the difference is a few fps and then you could also put the fps down to background programs and not setting the rig up propper , also drivers etc

so use the force :) go with your instincts and what has the nicest looking box

wickfut said:
it doesnt really matter , u get a gt , an ultra , an xt or a pro - the difference is a few fps and then you could also put the fps down to background programs and not setting the rig up propper , also drivers etc

so use the force :) go with your instincts and what has the nicest looking box

This is why those threads need a sticky to stop them. That's about all it comes down to most of the time unless there is a specific need like AIW cards or just VIVO... We should knock out the general questions that spam the forum. Then we can deal with the specific needs of each person past the general needs.

~Adam

Back