best card for me?

Curve

Limp Gawd
Joined
Sep 21, 2005
Messages
244
Which Nvidia card would suit me best? I see a lot of deals on the 470, but would a used 480GTX be better? My budget is 500.00 max. I'm going with Nvidia due to 3d vision..

rig:

CPU: i7-950
Mobo: MSI Big Bang Xpower X58
RAM: 6GB Mushkin redline 1600
PSU: Corsair HX650


Thanks!
 
I can upgrade the PSU if needed I just want to make sure I get the right card. the LCD I bought has a native res of 1920x1080 - I play COD4 (and plan on COD:BO) Metro.. and some other FPS - also my case is the new corsair 600T
 
You should check carefully whether your PSU can handle a 480.

OP will be fine with that PSU using a single 470 or 480. Anyway, I went through the same dilemma and found a good deal on a 480 in the for sale section. I'd keep your eye out for a $350-$360 GTX 480.

Edit: I see you've found a 480 in the $350-$360 range! :D
 
Last edited:
It looks like your set on getting a Nvidia card. However, if you can wait till next month for ATI's high-end it may force Nvidia to lower the prices on the 480gtx.
 
Back
Top