Best Card for $350?????

tracer

Limp Gawd
I just had my XFX 6600gt AGP crap out on me, straight out of the box. :mad:

Now I am thinking I may want to spend some more money on a video card. I got this card at zipzoomfly.com and I want to get another card besides this one. I could probably spend another $100 on my video card, around $350. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks.

You may want to wait for the X800XL from ATI as it may be around $300 and has performance similar to a 6800GT. However, I am not sure if it is PCI Express or AGP.

Not even talking about availability on the ATI card.

Go and get yourself a 6800GT. You know you want one.

Maybe u can find someone selling there gt for around 350 range.. Cuz one might think some of them are moving to pciexpress mobo or wanting an ultra. :p good luck

too bad its on back order. Though I've ordered from GameVE when something was on backorder and still got it about a week later.

tracer said:
I just had my XFX 6600gt AGP crap out on me, straight out of the box. :mad:

Now I am thinking I may want to spend some more money on a video card. I got this card at zipzoomfly.com and I want to get another card besides this one. I could probably spend another $100 on my video card, around $350. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks.

I'd suggest not bothering, actually. Either jump up to $400 and get a 6800 GT, or just stick to the 6600 GT (Leadtek got the best reviews at Anandtech.com). There really aren't any cards in-between that are much better than the 6600 GT anyway.

Yeah,

I may just hold off. I am pretty mad I bought my K8 Neo Platinum nForce3ultra mobo. I see all the pci express stuff comming out, and then the new release of nforce4 ultra will be comming soon...makes me wish I would have waited. I may do something bad to my mobo and try to upgrade to the new version when it comes out lol. I would like to get the 6800gt. I might just wait another month, and stick with my ti4600 for a little bit longer. :confused:

tracer said:
... I may do something bad to my mobo and try to upgrade to the new version when it comes out lol....
why not just put it up for sale and then upgrade?

Back