Best Calibration software

tfs

n00b
Hi all,

I am looking for a best calibration software to calibrate my new Apple 20" LCD on a PC, could anyone recommends and share their experience? Thanks.

BillR said:
Display Mate seems to be about the industry standard. If you want to be really really spot on look into a Spyder:

http://www.colorvision.com/profis/profis_view.jsp?id=101

I was reading that link and now I am curious. How does this calibration things work. do they only calibrate the video settigns from teh graphics card or from the monitor prespective? Reason why i ask is because I had to caliabrate my new flat on the monitor and on the graphics card end to get a true rich color. but if this device does it all that will save me the headache of calibrating.

Sweetnsexy said:
I was reading that link and now I am curious. How does this calibration things work. do they only calibrate the video settigns from teh graphics card or from the monitor prespective? Reason why i ask is because I had to caliabrate my new flat on the monitor and on the graphics card end to get a true rich color. but if this device does it all that will save me the headache of calibrating.

You still have to get the monitor itself pretty close, then the spyder software reads and sets everthing else up and saves a profile. Since LCD's don't "drift" it's pretty simple.

Back