Best Buy: Minimum $100 trade in for Xbox 360 and PS3

Wonder if my Best Buy is doing this, they won't take cell phone trade-in's due to pawn shop laws in my area.

Went in today to trade-in my ps3 and the guy there told me I needed an a/v cord of some kind (which I completely forgot) so I went back and got it. Came back and that guy was busy but a guy in a geek squad shirt was manning the counter so he took it. Didn't even power up the ps3, gave me back the hdmi cable ("you don't need to give me that, keep it") and processed the gift card.

Inconsistent but I'm still happy...got my amazon GC's :)

I got $311 for my PS3 Slim 250gb, Xbox 360 S 4gb Arcade, and a few games including GTA V for PS3 and The Last of Us. I was hoping they took trades on peripherals like my spare 250gb 360 drive and wireless headsets for PS3 but they don't do that I guess. Still not too bad, and probably about what I would have gotten for the stuff private party/Craigslisting but with a LOT less hassle.

edit: Oh yeah, they didn't even turn mine on, either.

Got $128.50 for my Elite and 5 games.

Better than dealing with Craigslist.

Without this 'special', their trade in's are highway robbery. Normal trade in for a complete, working Elite is $30 :eek:

Even that cheap bastard on Hardcore Pawn gives more than that !

Motherfuckers wouldn't take my Elite with a 20gb HDD. I think it's just because my Best Buy is full of s. I mean fuck me for having the 120gb go bad.

I think I'm gonna try the one abit south of me tomorrow, and if that don't work, I'll just get a used 120gb drive from GS and then trade it. I'll still end up about 70 bucks positive.

The other Best Buy took it, no questions asked. Elite with a 20gb HDD and a 3rd party controller, 100 bucks and another 20 for Halo 4 and Forza 4. Bought my wife a new carpet cleaner. Kinda stupid now that I think about it though. Not like she cleans.

Thanks to the OP for posting this. I would not have known about it otherwise. Out on Long Island they would not take them without a receipt from Best Buy. Had to drive all the way into Queens, but I unloaded a launch console and a 60G fat white one. Cool $200. I'll have to look at the Amazon gift cards, as I really have no need for Best Buy cards.

Ah shit they wouldn't take mine. The disc drive opens like 5% of the time. They tested everything. Oh well.

I traded a launch PS3 80Ggb, a launch 360 20gb, a Jasper 360 60gb, and 20 or so games for $365ish. They had to give me like 8 gift cards, though. They thoroughly checked each system, the controllers, and the games, even going so far as to check the discs for cracks and scratches. Extremely awesome deal, though.

Last edited:
Is this over with? I was going to trade my OG 20gb in and just get a new non-jet engine one.

Back