Best Buy laptop suggestions

forkedt

Limp Gawd
Just when Best Buy is finally ready to lemon policy out my wife's old lappy they stopped carrying the Gateway FX (P-7805u) :(

Does anyone know if there is a way to see if they are getting something nice in soon? I only have a week to replace it and would like to get a nice gaming computer in place of her old one...

They have one Asus (G50Vt-X5) left (floor model) and a few of the HP's (dv7-1275dx) with the GeForce 9600M GT (a step down from the Gateway's card). If I have to choose between those two which would you recommend?

Thanks!

/edit (Apologies for nothing more specific than what I had written down with me - cant access the BB site for details or links from work, will update tonight with them)

Last edited:
I would not go with the dv7: the 9600m would be a major step down from a 9800m GS. If you must, go with the Asus: it will be comparable to the Gateway with some reduction in performance. Since it's a floor model, you should be able to get a discount. Either this, or wait until the Gateway is back in stock...

Shame if they're not carrying the P-7805 anymore... my 7811 is the best laptop I've ever owned.

Back