Best buy is a POS, read this ps3 story.

/337

Limp Gawd
My co-workers and I waited in line at walmart last night for the ps3. We were 2 short of getting one. So we gave up and headed to work. We decided to go to a Bestbuy during lunch. One of my co-workers is a employee of a different bestbuy location than we went to during lunch. Anyway we ask if they had any ps3's. They say no. We could tell by the tone of his voice that he was bullshitting. We saw one guy who got 2 controllers and a game. One of my coworkers I was with actually knew this guy. He asks him about the ps3 and said if they had any. He just kind of winks at us, hes with a bestbuy manager. So we see him walk off. It looks like he argued with the employees since they were hiding something. Next thing we know hes walking in the back with a employee. Then we see him walk out of the store with a very packed up bag. We KNEW it was the ps3, we could see part of it. I guess they didn't want other people to see. So we are like WTF is going on? We go up to the lady and ask her, and she says that they recieved a shipment in just now. We had had them check the inventory and they said there was none. So we go to customer service and try to find out what the hell is going on. We told them we know you just recieved another shipment in. They act like they are trying to hide something. Then we tell them that we just saw a guy buy another ps3 from the store. It was his 2nd one. We asked them why the **** they are backdooring systems. They said, that guy didn't pay for it and must have stole it!!! :confused: We are like WTF? We tell them we know you have the systems and we want to buy one. By this time there are about 12 employees facing us. They acted like if there are none showing in the system then they can't sell them. So by this time all 3 of us are pissed off bad. Then some employee who is a nobody comes out of no where and tells us to get the F*** out of the store. He comes after us and almost pushes us out. Wtf kind of business is that? Is there any reason to hold them if there are customers willing to pay money for it? That guy was backdoored one somehow, he was even a ex-bestbuy employee.

wow that is fucking RETARDED, @ the futureshop in my area (Im pretty sure they own best buy... ATLEAST best buy in canada :p ) employee's that bought a PS3 within a week after launch were to be FIRED 0_0 they had 17 360 on launch, and only FOUR were left after the employees were done 0_0

talk to someone important, that isnt a dick 0_0 because those people seem WAY out of line 0_0

lmao, corporate is backdooring them as well. Vote with your dollars, everyone knows bestbuy has the worst employees (mostly dumb off the street and uneducated) and customer service. Geek squad is a fraud machine geared towards people too stupid to figure out how to replace a hard drive and clean Install an operating system. I blame the even dumber consumers. Thats why I love America. My friend works for best buy and guess what we now have 3 ps3s. :)

Sounds like typical Best Buy stuff. I worked there for 6 months when I was 16 and most of the people are retards and money hungry bastards. Sounds like they were just keeping them for themselves.

I heard the guys at Best Buy talking while they were looking at the inventory numbers, and I knew that they had more than 26 units...

But, since the ad only "guaranteed" 26 units to be available, they just kept the extras to buy for themselves. I don't think that's technically against any rules...it's just a little shady. Who cares though, if I was working there I would have done the same thing. :rolleyes:

Well I work at Best Buy and our managers would not let anything like that happen ever.

I'll just post what I posted about our opening a few hours ago (In response to the stupid ass riots)

I work at a Best Buy in southern california (#118 Oxnard, w00) and I was opening the store for the launch. It went out, not with a bang, but with a whimper. People camped out all night, sleeping bags, tents, etc. We handed out tickets for as many systems as we had (34... 24 60GBs, 10 20GBs) and everyone else behind them had to leave the line. There were few grumbles, but people I guess realized "Hey what can you do?". Some people stuck around anyway, in case peoples cards were declined (None were). We opened the doors and they followed my supervisor around to the tables in an orderly fashion, and we let a few people at the tables at a time so it didn't get crowded. Registers were ready and everything went off without a hitch (Cept we couldn't find Tony Hawk in our warehouse for a while, but we got it out before the last of the people purchased their systems). The tables were filled to the brim with all the launch titles, about 50 SixAxis controllers, a few Mini-USB-to-USB cables for charging the SixAxis controllers, HDMI and Componant cables, Reward Zone subscriptions, pamphlets, all that good stuff.

Any manager who does otherwise is just asking for trouble. I just don't get it.

Very smooth.

About 2 hours later in the day we got 6 more 20GB systems in, we announced it over the PA, and people headed right to the front to claim them. No madness then, either.

And don't ask us when we're gonna get another shipment. We don't know and if we did we couldn't tell you anyway.

I can't tell you how many Wii's we are getting, but it's a significant amount.

See? Not all Best Buys are bad. :cool:

On NJ Radio 101.5 they were saying (according to my old man) that the stores (think it was best buy or walmart forget which) employees/management took 20/30 units the store had in stock, for themselves illegally (including pre-orders!)

Sounds like you were causing a rukus and they wanted you out before the riot started like other stores. I dont blame them.

I would have been pissed too, this is why I try to avoid ever giving business to BB or CC.

Sparky said:
Sounds like you were causing a rukus and they wanted you out before the riot started like other stores. I dont blame them.

you don't stop a riot by telling people to "get teh fuck out"

/337 said:
My co-workers and I waited in line at walmart last night for the ps3. We were 2 short of getting one. So we gave up and headed to work. We decided to go to a Bestbuy during lunch. One of my co-workers is a employee of a different bestbuy location than we went to during lunch. Anyway we ask if they had any ps3's. They say no. We could tell by the tone of his voice that he was bullshitting. We saw one guy who got 2 controllers and a game. One of my coworkers I was with actually knew this guy. He asks him about the ps3 and said if they had any. He just kind of winks at us, hes with a bestbuy manager. So we see him walk off. It looks like he argued with the employees since they were hiding something. Next thing we know hes walking in the back with a employee. Then we see him walk out of the store with a very packed up bag. We KNEW it was the ps3, we could see part of it. I guess they didn't want other people to see. So we are like WTF is going on? We go up to the lady and ask her, and she says that they recieved a shipment in just now. We had had them check the inventory and they said there was none. So we go to customer service and try to find out what the hell is going on. We told them we know you just recieved another shipment in. They act like they are trying to hide something. Then we tell them that we just saw a guy buy another ps3 from the store. It was his 2nd one. We asked them why the **** they are backdooring systems. They said, that guy didn't pay for it and must have stole it!!! :confused: We are like WTF? We tell them we know you have the systems and we want to buy one. By this time there are about 12 employees facing us. They acted like if there are none showing in the system then they can't sell them. So by this time all 3 of us are pissed off bad. Then some employee who is a nobody comes out of no where and tells us to get the F*** out of the store. He comes after us and almost pushes us out. Wtf kind of business is that? Is there any reason to hold them if there are customers willing to pay money for it? That guy was backdoored one somehow, he was even a ex-bestbuy employee.

1. your friend DOESN'T work at bestbuy...and hasn't in the last 3 years...

if RSS shows 0 in inventory... guess f'n what... there are 0... period

employee's acting shady... no, they just don't have a clue, and they just don't care about your quest for a stupid videogame system

Verge said:

employee's acting shady... no, they just don't have a clue, and they just don't care about your quest for a stupid videogame system

How do you know if he would work for bestbuy? He works at the geeksquad at another location.
0 inventory? I guess thats why they tell us they just recieved a shipment, we see a guy walk out of the store with one and they try to hide it. They know they had them and they wouldn't sell it to us. You sound like one of those idiot employees yourself!

Verge said:

sounds like a geek squad employee pissed about everyone knowing what a crock they are...haha....

This whole PS3 stuff is crazy.....people paying so much and people stealing and shooting and robbing. its a truly sad state.
I personally don't know anyone dumb enough to pay more than retail for these things. Its not like they are the last remaining systems in existance. They are gonna have more...millions more soon enough.

Shit go play a 360 or a Wii or watch TV for 5 months. haha. I guess some people have spoiled brats for kids or just money to throw around though.

Wow, that's a shitty situation. I mean hell they could have physically received the shipment, just not put it into the system... It's a mass conspirecy I tell you! Anyways, there will be plenty more, just remember what happens if you're not patient, note recent South Park ep.....

0mega said:
(Im pretty sure they own best buy... ATLEAST best buy in canada :p )

Other way around, Best Buy owns Futureshop.

I'm surprised management didn't make it clear that employees cannot buy the PS3. There was certainly that rule imposed for the PS2, when my buddy used to work at Future Shop. Though some employees got around that by hiding systems and getting friends to come in an buy it. Not much management could do about that unless they catch the person in the act.

This foolish behavior and complete loss of common sense is incredible at the least.

The whole country has been duped into a crazed frenzy by a Japanese toy maker, just like they were last year by a software company.

Its just unbelievable. If people just stopped and thought about this for a minute they'd have to be embarrassed about their behavior.......but then again, its fueled by knuckleheads on Ebay paying three or four times retail.

We're really screwed up. (people are starving,and in the US we riot over a game console. Its pathetic.)

Verge said:
employee's acting shady... no, they just don't have a clue

EXACTLY!

First, let me state. Best Buy has a strict policy that no employees can buy systems until further notice. This is strictly enforced as it can cost GMs their job.

Secondly, the guy I quoted is right. When a new shipment of PS3s come in. Hardly ANYONE knows, especially when new shipments only last a few minutes.

We got 2 more in at about 11pm on Friday. The GM signed for it, took it into the back locked it up and came out to the floor. He grabbed me and the other employee in media (our third was on lunch and the Sup was in back doing paperwork) and told us that 2 more just came in. He said if a customer asks for them, sell them. He wasn't going it announce it over PA because he didn't want to possibly cause a rush and have people get hurt. He asked us to let the other media employees know when they come back or get in. At this time only the GM, myself, and 1 other employee knew we had the systems Well it took no more then 5 minutes before we had 2 people asking about them. Still, no other employees even knew we had them until they saw us walking a customer up to the register with one.

So don't be so quick to call people "shady" and liars when you have no idea whats really going on. New shipments sell VERY quick, and usually only Media and Managers know when we have them.And if they just came in, not all Media and not all the Managers may even know yet. So its not that hard to believe that the person you asked didn't know about a new shipment.

Oh and yes, RSS (the product stock information on the computers) is not immediate. It updates something like every 30 minutes. In that time a shipment can come in and be sold out, easily.

Verge said:

he is right stop your bitching all this conspiracy therory is in your head ...... wait till the ps3 drops in price and gets better games then buy it

........ you dont need a ps3 to live

magoo said:
This foolish behavior and complete loss of common sense is incredible at the least.

The whole country has been duped into a crazed frenzy by a Japanese toy maker, just like they were last year by a software company.

Its just unbelievable. If people just stopped and thought about this for a minute they'd have to be embarrassed about their behavior.......but then again, its fueled by knuckleheads on Ebay paying three or four times retail.

We're really screwed up. (people are starving,and in the US we riot over a game console. Its pathetic.)

I agree.

It's just a stupid toy and there will be more. No need to get pissed if you don't get one at launch. Hell, you can still buy PS2s now. Not to mention PSones. They're not going to run out. Sony isn't that stupid because if the PS3 sells really well, why would they stop making them? Think about it. Just wait a couple weeks and then go back.

Plus, you have to be stupid to get a new system at launch as there will be bugs. Wait until the second generation comes out when most of the bugs are worked out. I have a PS2 that is first generation and when I got FFXI with the HDD, I had to send the PS2 to a repair place by mail to get it fixed so it would work with the HDD. It was incompatible and it sucked. Had to sit through tech support on the phone for a while to figure out what was wrong. Took nearly 3 weeks to send it and get it back.

its a mofo, but what can u do, sounds like you and your buddy were ill prepared.anyways like it was said, there will be more later, i had my hands on a 60gb model, promptly sold it on ebay and now i have even more money for x-mas, NEW core2 and 8800gtx here i come!!!funny some say OMGosh it cost so much!, it cost the same if u added the HD player to x360 so woogie boogie!
just wait, there will be tons of systems and games soon, guys act like if u dont have before xmas ur gonna die!!!, heh, i know where ur coming from though, i use to be young and considered myself hardcore gamer, still hardcore gamer, just not young.

Back